Death Company rule clarification

Helias_Tancred

Hail brothers!

I have a 10 man DC company whose dedicated transport will be a land raider crusader.

I'm adding a dreadnought to my army and I'm seriously considering a death company dreadnought. His dedicated transport will be a drop pod.

Are there any rules I need to watch out for when deploying them since they won't be in the same transport and I don't have Astorath?

Thanks.

No. A Death Company Dreadnought is a different unit than Death Company. You are only limited to one of the latter without Astorath. With 10 DC marines you could even have 2 DC dreads. With the current rules, you might want to consider replacing one of the DC in the dread with a Chaplain or Reclusiarch.

In which transports either unit travels is totally irrelevant.

You might want to wait with the purchase a few weeks though because rumor has it that a new Blood Angels codex will be released soon.

censored.gif Dante'd by Electric Paladin

No. A Death Company Dreadnought is a different unit than Death Company. You are only limited to one of the latter without Astorath. With 10 DC marines you could even have 2 DC dreads. With the current rules, you might want to consider replacing one of the DC in the dread with a Chaplain or Reclusiarch.

In which transports either unit travels is totally irrelevant.

You might want to wait with the purchase a few weeks though because rumor has it that a new Blood Angels codex will be released soon.

censored.gif Dante'd by Electric Paladin

Thanks for the advice. I will look into adding a chaplain. I was going to have Corbulo and Tycho ride and fight with them .... but I will look into the chaplain too.

So I don't need Astorath to be able to use both in the same army?

Ok, newbie question ..... which is more potent- a death company dreadnought or a furioso dreadnought? I think my load out will probably be the same for both, 2 blood claws, melta, stormbolter ...

With that load out the DC dread is better, because of the special rules (rage, fleet, furious charge, None can stay my wrath). However a Furioso with a Blood Fist (Meltagun) a frag cannon and a Magna Grapple in a drop pod is also a very good combination, in the current codex. Who knows what will happen in two weeks.

@Chaplain: The chaplain/reclusiarch lets the DC reroll all failed to hit and to-wound rolls on the charge. devil.gif

@Saguinary priest/corbulo and DC: A sanguinary priest does nothing for the DC. They already have FC and FNP. Corbulo will be reduced to a beatstick and reroll enabler.

Drop pod I'd go furioso, raven delivered I'd consider the dc dread.

Reasoning: furioso is more survivable when podded in as the extra point of armour makes a difference with you being immune to str 6 from the front. The furioso is generally better for shooting (which is all you can do first turn you pod) frag cannon is lovely versus infantry plus a magna grapple and melta/Storm bolter/heavy flamer.

Delivered from a raven dc dread with talons infinite attacks makes more sense when you can almost guarantee getting into combat.

Archived