Blood Angels Librarian

appiah4

A solid paint job. One critique is the face/helm. It's meant to be the focal point of the model, but I find that it gets lost in all of the blue. Consider painting the wires in the psychic hood a different colour from blue?

Hope this helps.

Dallo

Noted, will try to go in with a fine brush and color the cables under the hood some contrasting bright colors; orange, yellow, red, green, etc. Will repost when done, currently busy with other projects though smile.png

you could also make the lenses glow more, possibly in orange for a contrast.

This is the most I could make it glow with green, and I'm trying to stick with green to keep uniformith across models in my BA army. Green does not really pop out as well on blue as it does on red, unfortunately..

Looking great, especially the blue of the armour and the axe in general. Would you share a recipe for both please?

[Nitpick]He still needs a banner.[/Nitpick]

It's just a grey primer, three coats of FolkArt Brilliant Ultramarine followed by a generous Asurmen Blue wash. I then highlighted in three progressive layers, mixing FolkArt Brilliant Ultramarine with FolkArt Titanium White 1:1, 1:2, 1:3. It was a very simple paintjob really. Painting blue is easy as pie compared to painting white/yellow/red. I can see why the Ultramarines get marketed so aggressively; everyone can pick up a marine and slap on some blue, and it won't look too bad.

Freehand banners for all my sergeants and HQs are on the to-do list and will be done as soon as I'm done painting figures. That should be around 2025, considering I only got 1,500 pts painted in 15 years.

Archived