Newbie needs advice on which type of land raider

Helias_Tancred

Yeah I magnetized my crusader sponsons. But I can't see ever running it differently. The redeemer flamer is awesome, but at most you'll find yourself shooting it once during a game, and considering that you can only move 6" to disembark your combat troops, it can be really hard to line up that flamer hit on anything.

Hurricane bolters aren't great, but even snap-shooting them they can do some damage to infantry targets.

I find the Godhammer Land Raider most useful, it always gets to fire thanks to lascannons and you don't want to rip apart the unit you're about to assault with flamers/bolter or else your payload is useless.

As for assault marines, they kinda suck at anti-armor. Ive fit all of mine with double flamers and use them to remove pesky troops from objectives, definitely adds a lot of dice when you overlap templates.

Thanks because I am definitely running the multi-melta up top for that very reason, to have some Anti-armor capability. How does an assault cannon do against armor?

Asssault Cannon isnt that great vs armor, it's comparable to a single Lascannon, on the plus side it's very versatile. Great for light veichles and overall very strong.

This true but not exactly true. Someone (was it on on Bell of Lost Souls or here?) once underwent the pain of doing the statistics and it turned out twinlinked Assaultcanons crack Land Raiders more reliably than Lascanons do. So when it comes to killing armor, the list of preference is (from best to worst):

1. Multimelta
  2. Assaultcanon
  3. Lascanon

Archived