Post your Blood Angels Kitbashes/Scratchbuilds

appiah4

Ajax, NIce!

sorry to see the other guy go, always struck me as odd that parents may be against fingers but unrelenting warfare in a nightmare future to the laughter of uncaring gods is fine.

anyway, some of my never ending WIPs (a new job means the dream that was a retouched army is further away- I also am fully aware i need to drill the gun barrels, but considering it took me the best part of 6 months to manage to slap some paint onto the bases.....well.....)

med_gallery_73284_9355_585058.jpg)

med_gallery_73284_9355_1014977.jpg

med_gallery_73284_9355_333589.jpg

med_gallery_73284_9355_865606.jpg

med_gallery_73284_9355_248559.jpg

and an even more WIP than usual

med_gallery_73284_8612_49315.jpg

I've tried to convert in at least a small way every miniature in my army, from adding tilt shields and fur saddles to the bikers to using a mix of jump packs. Basically each one of my blood angels is a veteran of decades of battles, bedecked with battle honours and relic armour from fallen brothers or to commemorate brave deeds.

That dreadnaught with the pilot is possibly the coolest conversion I have ever seen.  Seriously, just amazing.

And sorry about getting Mkar's origins wrong, I must have gotten fantasy confused with 40k, it happens some times.  I still don't recommend trusting him.

Hello!  I reshot my gold terminators and a few other things.  Check 'em out!

Blood Sin Terminator Honour Guard

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/346/5/c/blood_sin_terminator_honour_guard_squad_by_girot-d4md96e.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/346/c/f/blood_sin_terminator_priest_by_girot-d89m5sl.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/346/2/0/preserve_the_chapter_by_girot-d89m6aq.jpg

Interesting axe conversion. That was my first thought for a priest's axe as well, but I wanted to cut the hammer above the power generator and the proportions looked all wrong. So I built a Chrace pattern power axe instead. This was like a day before the rumour about no more TDA priests came out. sad.png

Interesting axe conversion. That was my first thought for a priest's axe as well, but I wanted to cut the hammer above the power generator and the proportions looked all wrong. So I built a Chrace pattern power axe instead. This was like a day before the rumour about no more TDA priests came out. sad.png

I feel you. I've got four more TDA priests. Two of them aren't far enough along they can't be saved. The other two are mostly finished. I'm gonna wrap them up and add storm bolters so I can field them as Tactical Termies. On a positive note? I've taken to calling their weapons "Thunder Scalpels"! :D

Chaplain:  OMG.  Why did I never think of that idea for the death masks???  GENIUS!

HQ Kitbashes:  Excellent use of your bits!  Did you use the minis from your copy of the game or acquire duplicates to convert?  Are you keeping the integral bases or rebasing yours?

DC Dread:  Brilliant head conversion!!  Love it!

Libby Dread:  Why not just use a naked skull and sculpt warp fire around it, billowing out of the psychic hood?  Skeletor The Dreadnought!  Muahahahahaha!

Thanks for the comments. For the Space Hulk guys I had a miscast of my Sgt Lorenzo where his sword was wonky so contacted GW and they sent a replacement sprue of all the termis but the Libby. So I now have a set to mess around with. I like your thinking with the skull head actually. I'll see what I can do. :)

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Snorrinorrison/CAM00427_zps39fe9718.jpg

My take on Aphael so far. Quite like the new tactical kit, some very cool bits in there. Tried to capture the grace with which the Blood Angels descend upon their enemies. He's missing his special jump pack, which is simply not in the picture, and his inferno pistol...that I'd still have to cut out from somewhere.

Wanted to stay a bit "retro" with him, so I used his "original" legs and breast plate, pictures of his earlier glory can be seen in my painting thread.

Also on my list are 10 magentised JP for the DC, a Razorback and a squad of scouts with close combat weapons, perhaps even with a combi-flamer. Who knows!

Snorri

Archived