Land speeders fire two weapons now?

I made a list with a couple of land speeders in it, and noticed that according to the chart in the back of the rulebook, fast vehicles can move at cruising speed and fire 2 weapons at full BS now. Am I reading this correctly? I'm tempted to switch from my old standard of MM/HF and go for two multimeltas on speeders if this is true.

Incidental question: the land speeders are my only fast attack units in my list. Is there any benefit other than coming in from reserves together and only using one FA slot to putting them in a squadron?

Like Lucien said, you are allowed to fire two weapons, and I would highly recommend you take two weapons per landspeeder ! With a single weapon selection, Land speeders are less cost-effective than Attack Bikes for example, while they clearly are more cost effective with two weapons per platform :)

If you have FA slots, it's better to put them in different slots to force the enemy to fire multiple units to deal with them. If like me you don't, playing a squadron means being a bit more conservative with your speeders and throwing them in only at the most appropriate time when their firepower is both absolutely needed AND they can survive return fire (multiple threats the opponent has to deal with).

In any case, place them in cover and use them to pick on isolated targets. What kills the speeders isn't high strength anti-tank weapons but medium strength weapons with a very high rate of fire ! Typically, one of the worst enemies for Landspeeders are Landspeeders Tornado with Heavy Bolter/Assault Cannon for instance :)

Like Lucien said, you are allowed to fire two weapons, and I would highly recommend you take two weapons per landspeeder ! With a single weapon selection, Land speeders are less cost-effective than Attack Bikes for example, while they clearly are more cost effective with two weapons per platform smile.png

If you have FA slots, it's better to put them in different slots to force the enemy to fire multiple units to deal with them. If like me you don't, playing a squadron means being a bit more conservative with your speeders and throwing them in only at the most appropriate time when their firepower is both absolutely needed AND they can survive return fire (multiple threats the opponent has to deal with).

In any case, place them in cover and use them to pick on isolated targets. What kills the speeders isn't high strength anti-tank weapons but medium strength weapons with a very high rate of fire ! Typically, one of the worst enemies for Landspeeders are Landspeeders Tornado with Heavy Bolter/Assault Cannon for instance smile.png

Nice assessment. I love adding some LS to my games and I've NEVER been disappointed with them.

ASIDE: Crow, you just did something that most native English speakers never do (and this is a compliment to you). I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you natively speak French.

"... worst enemies for Landspeeders are Landspeeders Tornado with Heavy Bolter/Assault Cannon ..."

I just want to commend you for making the 'Landspeeders' part plural, as the Tornado is just a descriptor. Once in a great while I'll hear someone in America say "Two cheeseburgers deluxe" or something and I just about freak out because it's so rare. I'm not a grammar curmudgeon, but there are some things with language that please me.

Archived