Dark Angels on Advent Calendar tomorrow

HaSY

Aura's got a good point.  A lot of us, among our nice little community here have a pretty great rapport and discourse on what we've all come to agree as standards or "good" aspects of our codex we can recommend to people.  Thank the Lion for this place because in my own community I'm the last official DA player as the other had sold off all of his GW/RW (still has some DW though I think), he was even ready to just throw them out if no one bought them off him.  

Rather than recommending Dark Angels to interested players, I tread more diplomatically with the caveat that they are not an easy army to play.  I won't poo poo on the codex the same way I will here, but at this point my advice to interested DA players comes in the form of cautionary rather than promotional.  Something along the lines of: "We have great models with some really great poses and a lot of history, but it's not easy to be a DA player.  It depends on what you are looking for in a codex and how you want to play."

I have said this a few times on this forum a few times. While this can be off topic now, but since a few of us are talking about DA being bad again or saddened bait, I will try and say it again. Sadly I can't remember exactly how I said it. First time I said it, it meant a lot to a few people I believe. Sadly as I said, I don't remember it exactly and hopefully the passion will still be there.

As a side note before I start, I don't play anymore. When I did play, I only had 2 armies. Dark Angels and Tyranids. When I played DA, I played with my 4th edition codex. I cried. I whined, I complained, I fought with people on the internet. I have seen how foolish I was back then. I can't take it back, but at least I have changed and stopped being the 30 or was it 35 year old man who grew bitter because of the "evil GW". 

Once I saw how foolish and immature I acted I have played with my 4th edition DA as I said. I was getting back into 40K and LotR again. I was relearning how to play for 5th edition. While a lot of people were using the 5th edition SM codex and told me I should be using them, I said "No thank you. Thank you for teaching me how to play, but I will use my DA." I got my butt handed to me. I don't blame the codex for loosing, I just sucked at 40K. :P Still had fun though. Why? I will try and remember what I said and hopefully the passion will be there and hope it helps Aura not feel so bad. 

While I don't play no more because nobody plays in my city. I have taken a break from GW and 40K but slowly coming back again. I have bought some new minis again. While what happened 10 years ago seems to be happening again, I still believe my little prose I guess we can call it still applies. I hope Aura you can find inspiration in being a DA again. I remember a few months ago someone asked if they should start DA or SM. I told them the same thing I will tell again. I can't remember what the person chose but I think it helped him making a decision. 

Well here we go again. Sorry to bore some of you. :)

I am a DARK ANGEL

I am a Dark Angel Player. I play Dark Angels. I play Dark Angels because I love their fluff, stories and history. I find them to be rich in character and interesting. I love the miniatures. I love assembling and converting the miniatures. I love painting them. I love how we have different colour schemes and still make a whole army from not being all the same colour if we so choose to. 

I am a Dark Angel. I don't need to win , I play to have fun. We choose Dark Angles because we are DARK ANGELS. Just like the fluff ironically we are STUBBORN. We don't use other codices. We stick with our codex. We have PRIDE. We have pride because we play with something we LOVE and have PASSION for. We have pride for our miniatures and the work we have done with them. We don't need to win and we have fun when we loose. Why? Because they are Dark Angles. When we do win, the victory is even more sweeter since we win with a "sub par" codex. Yet we still use the sub par book. While others maybe be happy they have won a game we are happy because we play with what we LOVE.

I am Dark Angel.I love that I can play multiple ways. They may not be the best choices or the most powerful, but they are Oh So Fun to play. I can play Deathwing. I can play Ravenwing. I can play Greenwing. Now we can even play Ironwing with unbound, or we can play with a mixture of them all. I love how we have multiple choices. While they may not be optimal there is a certain feeling of fielding an all Terminator army or Bike army from time to time. Just the site on the battlefield fields me with pride.

Pride. There is something about that. Not just in fluff but in real life. I am Dark Angel. I do not play with the most powerful codex or toys. I don't play flavour of the month army. While winning is nice, I don't need to win. As I said before, I can take pride and have fun with what I have and not worry about dropping my codex or army because it is supposedly weak when a new army and codex comes out. 

While it may sound stupid and dumb, I feel like I have Dark Angel in my blood. It's a part of me. 

I am

DARK ANGEL.

That being said, I am looking forward to what DA will get in the advent calendar. While it may not be power or even useful it's always nice to get something new. Hell we are Dark Angels we have endured for so long already do we really expect anything different? I just love how we are the poster boys for 6/7th edition box set. We have gotten love. We got our new kits. Anything more is just gravy. :)

Aura's got a good point. A lot of us, among our nice little community here have a pretty great rapport and discourse on what we've all come to agree as standards or "good" aspects of our codex we can recommend to people. Thank the Lion for this place because in my own community I'm the last official DA player as the other had sold off all of his GW/RW (still has some DW though I think), he was even ready to just throw them out if no one bought them off him.

Rather than recommending Dark Angels to interested players, I tread more diplomatically with the caveat that they are not an easy army to play. I won't poo poo on the codex the same way I will here, but at this point my advice to interested DA players comes in the form of cautionary rather than promotional. Something along the lines of: "We have great models with some really great poses and a lot of history, but it's not easy to be a DA player. It depends on what you are looking for in a codex and how you want to play."

I have said this a few times on this forum a few times. While this can be off topic now, but since a few of us are talking about DA being bad again or saddened bait, I will try and say it again. Sadly I can't remember exactly how I said it. First time I said it, it meant a lot to a few people I believe. Sadly as I said, I don't remember it exactly and hopefully the passion will still be there.

As a side note before I start, I don't play anymore. When I did play, I only had 2 armies. Dark Angels and Tyranids. When I played DA, I played with my 4th edition codex. I cried. I whined, I complained, I fought with people on the internet. I have seen how foolish I was back then. I can't take it back, but at least I have changed and stopped being the 30 or was it 35 year old man who grew bitter because of the "evil GW".

Once I saw how foolish and immature I acted I have played with my 4th edition DA as I said. I was getting back into 40K and LotR again. I was relearning how to play for 5th edition. While a lot of people were using the 5th edition SM codex and told me I should be using them, I said "No thank you. Thank you for teaching me how to play, but I will use my DA." I got my butt handed to me. I don't blame the codex for loosing, I just sucked at 40K. :P Still had fun though. Why? I will try and remember what I said and hopefully the passion will be there and hope it helps Aura not feel so bad.

While I don't play no more because nobody plays in my city. I have taken a break from GW and 40K but slowly coming back again. I have bought some new minis again. While what happened 10 years ago seems to be happening again, I still believe my little prose I guess we can call it still applies. I hope Aura you can find inspiration in being a DA again. I remember a few months ago someone asked if they should start DA or SM. I told them the same thing I will tell again. I can't remember what the person chose but I think it helped him making a decision.

Well here we go again. Sorry to bore some of you. :)

I am a DARK ANGEL

I am a Dark Angel Player. I play Dark Angels. I play Dark Angels because I love their fluff, stories and history. I find them to be rich in character and interesting. I love the miniatures. I love assembling and converting the miniatures. I love painting them. I love how we have different colour schemes and still make a whole army from not being all the same colour if we so choose to.

I am a Dark Angel. I don't need to win , I play to have fun. We choose Dark Angles because we are DARK ANGELS. Just like the fluff ironically we are STUBBORN. We don't use other codices. We stick with our codex. We have PRIDE. We have pride because we play with something we LOVE and have PASSION for. We have pride for our miniatures and the work we have done with them. We don't need to win and we have fun when we loose. Why? Because they are Dark Angles. When we do win, the victory is even more sweeter since we win with a "sub par" codex. Yet we still use the sub par book. While others maybe be happy they have won a game we are happy because we play with what we LOVE.

I am Dark Angel.I love that I can play multiple ways. They may not be the best choices or the most powerful, but they are Oh So Fun to play. I can play Deathwing. I can play Ravenwing. I can play Greenwing. Now we can even play Ironwing with unbound, or we can play with a mixture of them all. I love how we have multiple choices. While they may not be optimal there is a certain feeling of fielding an all Terminator army or Bike army from time to time. Just the site on the battlefield fields me with pride.

Pride. There is something about that. Not just in fluff but in real life. I am Dark Angel. I do not play with the most powerful codex or toys. I don't play flavour of the month army. While winning is nice, I don't need to win. As I said before, I can take pride and have fun with what I have and not worry about dropping my codex or army because it is supposedly weak when a new army and codex comes out.

While it may sound stupid and dumb, I feel like I have Dark Angel in my blood. It's a part of me.

I am

DARK ANGEL.

That being said, I am looking forward to what DA will get in the advent calendar. While it may not be power or even useful it's always nice to get something new. Hell we are Dark Angels we have endured for so long already do we really expect anything different? I just love how we are the poster boys for 6/7th edition box set. We have gotten love. We got our new kits. Anything more is just gravy. :)

Well said

Uhm, Codex Space Marines are meant to fight all three, but get no special rules in that regard at all.

Don't the ultramarines have a data slate or something for Tyranid vets or something like that? So they have a bit of special rules. Not shire how good they are but its. Something. At

East fluffy.

Dark Angels will get a dataslate called "Dark Angels Librarian Conclave" and a short story called "Holder of the Keys" about Ezekiel...

if thats true source link?

triple update: this looks like this came from a lousy forum post on dakka dakka and is probably totally fake

Dark Angels will get a dataslate called "Dark Angels Librarian Conclave" and a short story called "Holder of the Keys" about Ezekiel...

if thats true source link?

triple update: this looks like this came from a lousy forum post on dakka dakka and is probably totally fake

It comes from this italian blog...

http://astropate.blogspot.it

It is a bit hard to read but the pictures are these...

http://astropate.blogspot.it/2014/12/Khârn-egil-ironwolf-furie-bianche-e.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CbISN6sUJNI/VIghzxu8dkI/AAAAAAAALzg/mUkhIXlN0Ko/s1600/19-12-advent-button.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uaiAYzonZEI/VIgh0nLs-PI/AAAAAAAALzc/lVfs0_Hl6u4/s1600/19.jpg

It looks too me a dataslate with a formation made by Ezekiel and some librarians with some sort of special rules...

But considering that a lot of SM Chapters are getting their digital datacards (as the physical ones were limited print -odd choice- and they are not gonna be reprinted) it could be that the dataslate contains specific powers for the DA too???

Well just one week and one day to discover it... :)

I've always liked Ezekiel and probably take him more times than any other HQ (unique at least).  Hopefully this will be a half decent dataslate.  Ezekiel+another librarian is a pretty pricy combo for how unreliable psychic powers are.

Edit: But maybe there's some pretty solid bonus in there, like if using them it grants Adamantium will within range, that would make Ezekiel a pretty boss anti-psyker (at least against maledictions).

We'll see! Color me interested!

If it were only Zeke and 1 other Librarian...two pskyers just doesn't seem like much of a 'conclave' to me!

I'm not expecting something like a Seer Council...but a conclave sounds like more than 2 models. Maybe a Command Squad with the Brotherhood of Psykers rule, to allow spells to be cast from any model's direction, not just Zeke?

Edit: Agree w Sven, Adam. Will would be another great, fluffy bonus.

The Astra Milit. release today is another fluff/scenario pairing, so I'm still apprehensive this might be a scenario...hope for the best, expect the worst.

I expect it will be something like the Librarius formation for Apocalypse, but with a compulsory Ezekiel and an overcosted/underpowered special rule.

I'd prefer a scenario to be honest.

I used to buy everything with the slightest mention of a Dark Angel; now that GW/FW/BL are pumping stuff out at a fantastic rate I need to be much more selective. I am hoping for the best yet again with this possible data slate but unless it is an actual boon and not just a dog like many other things recently I will pass.

I'm looking forward to some reviews here in a week or so... :P

:D

stobz

I expect it will be something like the Librarius formation for Apocalypse, but with a compulsory Ezekiel and an overcosted/underpowered special rule.

I'd prefer a scenario to be honest.

what I think could be good is if Ezekiel can join librarians and they all get to buy tda, thatd be the absolute pants, at say 20ppm. It'd make a whole less squishy.

Archived