And Now, For Something Completely Different!

Oh, would lasguns be useful for my current setup?...

If you need a flash light maybe

Unnecessarily said. I asked because I know they're excellent in numbers, and they're light, which I may need as opposed to the weighted heavy weaponry.

And no, no plastic yet, I'm not likely to build anything yet until I have things set in stone.

Well, a las gun to a Marine is basically a flash light. Unless you ment Las Cannon? And a las gun is also not part of any Marines kit. It is an Astra Militarium weapon which is surpassed by the Holy Bolter of the Adeptus Astartes.

Just as a heads up though. You may need to start on the "work" part of your topic as so far it's all discussion and thought but no actual miniatures.

Well, a las gun to a Marine is basically a flash light. Unless you ment Las Cannon? And a las gun is also not part of any Marines kit. It is an Astra Militarium weapon which is surpassed by the Holy Bolter of the Adeptus Astartes.

Just as a heads up though. You may need to start on the "work" part of your topic as so far it's all discussion and thought but no actual miniatures.

I will display what I will when I can. A Chapter takes time to found, and it's much like baking: you need all of the ingredients before you can make the whole. So, please, be patient. Yes, it's all discussion for now, hence the reason why it's a WORK IN PROGRESS. 

And thank you for the info on the lasgun. I wasn't entirely sure if Astartes used them or not, which was why I asked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That looks nice. I wish the model took up more of the space so I could see it a little better, but it's good.

Quick question, why second founding? I'm not saying you can't use it, but somewhere it says that the imperial fist had 3 successors that go around; crimson fist, blak Templars, and then the soul drinkers (allegedly). Third foundings just as good, without conflicting with others fluff (I use third founding myself). You can use second if you still want. I just thought I would point this out Incase you didn't know or something.

Alright, I get to give a brief explanation of my Chapter! Woo!

I've changed over to White Scars because of their tactics. Hit-and-run works purdy well with Shock-and-Awe as far as I've seen, and because the latter Foundings have less in common with their Progenitor Chapter Things I decided Second Founding would give a reasonable amount of time for my Chapter to have festered and grown while keeping in tandem with their fore-fathers and yet still forge their own path on their homeworld of Purphoros (Yes, as in the God of the Forge from Magic: the Gathering). 

Huah! More Plastic!

DSCF1455[1]

The first three Space Marines I've ever built. The center one is my stupid-looking Chapter Master, because I am too cheap to buy one. Yesh, she's holding a makeshift homemade power lance. The other two are part of an unfinished Tactical Squad.

DSCF1456[1]

A closer look at Lilliath Corsarius, my Chapter Master. I'm a rebel.

DSCF1461[1]

Lilliath's back.

DSCF1459[1]

Another shot of all three.

DSCF1460[1]

A rear-view of all three.

I know, I lack a lot of skill in handpainting symbols, but I didn't feel like using the decals.

I got the 'bayonet' idea for the Boltguns from the Death Korps of Krieg, which is my next project once this Chapter is done.

Funny thing is, the original plastic marines came with two types of bayonets ;)

Well done making your own character too. It's not being lazy. That would be buying the one GW sells. And don't worry about your freehand painting quality. That comes with practice.

I got the 'bayonet' idea for the Boltguns from the Death Korps of Krieg, which is my next project once this Chapter is done.

Funny thing is, the original plastic marines came with two types of bayonets msn-wink.gif

Well done making your own character too. It's not being lazy. That would be buying the one GW sells. And don't worry about your freehand painting quality. That comes with practice.

I never did see the original bayonets. My next purchase is going to be either a Drop Pod or a set of Bikes. Any suggestions as to which one?

Archived