Attacking unit inside bastion

bradstorm

Hi

My brother and I are planning on using stronghold assault for a few game, and as such my brother is taking an imperial bastion.

As far as rules used to go, I recall being able to post grenades and fire flamers through fire points so long as you were within 2".

I've been looking through the rule book and stronghold assault for hours now trying to establish how attackers are meant to attack a unit inside a bastion, but cannot find any rules anywhere.

I'd therefore like to ask:

• Can anyone reference a pg number for rules for attacking troops inside a bastion (whether shooting or assault), or confirm that these rules have been removed from the game?
  • Also, I notice that on pg.110 there are hull points for medium buildings such as the bastion; is it therefore only feasible to evict a unit by glancing or penning the bastion to death instead of claiming the bastion for yourself by assault the unit through an access point (side or top)?

Any help would be much appreciated!

1. Flamer has a rule called "No Escape" - see 7th BRB Reference section - Template entry. This is now the only way to forcibly 'evict' its occupants and claim the Building without destroying it

2. Grenades no longer hit Units inside a Building

3. You can no longer Assault a Unit inside a Building (whether through an Access Point, or adjoining section, etc.) without first destroying the Building

4. You can however Assault a Unit on the Battlements

Thanks Kilofix, very concise and to the point, I figured they would've mentioned the flamer bit in the building section too, but alas GW.

I take it that assaulting a unit on top requires jump/ jetpack troops to get up there as the building is more than 6" tall, using standard assault rules for them?

Thanks Kilofix, very concise and to the point, I figured they would've mentioned the flamer bit in the building section too, but alas GW.

I take it that assaulting a unit on top requires jump/ jetpack troops to get up there as the building is more than 6" tall, using standard assault rules for them?

Using BRB RAW's requirement of within 2" for CC, if the building is more than 6" tall then yeah I'd assume Jump-pack / Jetpack / Jetbike, or a tall MC / Titan, etc.

Also, I should have mentioned that there are a couple of other Weapon - Special Rules that may kill a Building's occupants before destroying the Building like a Decimator's Seige Claws, Volkite Carronade, etc.

And, remember that Building Pens with rolls of 3+ on the Building Damage Table will cause damage to the occupants which may kill them before the Building actually comes down.

Cheers for that :) Just seen that siege dreadnought may help too.

Personally I'd rather try to use the bastion for my own purposes if I could get rid of the troops inside. By the time I've killed all the troops inside with pens the building may be long collapsed from hull point loss or destroyed in the process. 'Tis something to mull over anyway. Ta

Archived