Will you buy the new Terminators?

Jorre

The new Terminators look pretty cool, but lord knows I have about 50 of them already that have been sitting there collecting dust for so so long!

If there are no new rules/price drops or new units you can build with this new kit will anybody actually shell out and buy a new version of these models ?

Personnaly I will not be buying any of them unless there is a new unit we can make up with them.

What does everyone else think will you buy the new shinney just because ? or do you need some rules incentives ?

Who am I kidding Ill probably pick a set up eventually, but I certainly wont be in a rush to do so!

I have 8 assault and 11 tactical terminators. With the upcoming campaign box I will have 24 terminators in total. I will sell the vanilla box thats for sure.

I am going to buy at least two of this box. 5 lightning clawed guys along with 5 more hammernators. I am a bit of a collector.

Only if they come with bitz to make characters like chaplains, captains, librarians and priests. 

This is pretty much what it would take for me.  I have Space Hulk terminators and a set of assault terminators with Forgeworld Shoulderpads so I don't really need more terminators I never use anyway.

Termies are the unit of which I have plenty, but never use in games :( 

So, its unlikely i'm going to be buying the set, irrespective of how gorgeous the models are.  I'll probably convert some of my Space Hulk stuff before anything!

Eventually yes (I only own a couple if the space hulk termies) but depends How well they fair in the codex as to how soon. I had originally planned On converting the space hulkers to hammernators, looks like my job just got easier.

I have such a backlog however it won't be soon - think it's going to be Tactical Squad if we lose RAS as troops. My poor Call of Chaos has went right pear shaped.....!

Seeing as if I buy them I will also need to buy a land raider of some description I will probably wait, and even then I'm not so sure. SG edition codex has set me back a fair amount... And I've said I won't buy any more models until I finish the 25+ marines I have to finish building and paint... What do you mean I added a new tactical squad to my online basket?

I'm taking the death storm basic terminators and the space hulk set, then will be kit bashing the new set to make sure I have 10 tactical terminators with special weapons, and 10 assault terminators, all with various levels of bluing and details. I'll get the new librarian in terminator armor, but add that 5th storm shield from the new kit to him if that's still an option. Then I'll have a space hulk stock points Libby in terminator armor, and one with the shield.

I had some black reach ones laying around, but the detail on those is so soft compared to the new kit, I'll just sell the older ones. I don't see the need, even thematically, for more than 20 terminators, or 10 of each kind, unless I'm doing a death wing counts as our some weird 10 TH/SS apocalypse formation

Archived