New BA: Wow...

GrandMagnus

Sure, but why bother when you could almost get another squad of terminators for what he costs? Land raiders got more durable but it's still a lot of eggs in one expensive basket.

He's not unplayable, it's possible to make him work. He just doesn't look like a very good use of points. 

Dante's Warlord trait is apparently "Descent of Angels" which means he and his squad can DS without scattering. Put him with a squad of Sanguinary Guard with infernus pistols and you have a squad that can melt any vehicle you like the turn they arrive and then kick serious booty on the next. With 2+/4++ save and EW, you could even consider using Dante to tank for the SG if necessary.

Dante's Warlord trait is apparently "Descent of Angels" which means he and his squad can DS without scattering. Put him with a squad of Sanguinary Guard with infernus pistols and you have a squad that can melt any vehicle you like the turn they arrive and then kick serious booty on the next. With 3W, 2+/4++ save and EW, you could even consider using Dante to tank for the SG if necessary.

I have 2 questions:

1) How do we know that Dante's DoA is his old ability and not 1 less die for scattering.

2) He's been downgraded to 3W then?

Well seen the leaks, BA are down to 2 troops being Tacticals and Scouts now along with Priests in HQ.

Mephiston at least got IC but no word on AP 2 or strength 10 returning... Or flying.

By the rumor (and so far it is just a rumor) Mephiston is AP3.  Has a S 10 psychic power that is unique to him.

I have 2 questions:

1) How do we know that Dante's DoA is his old ability and not 1 less die for scattering.

2) He's been downgraded to 3W then?

The no-scatter was the rumour on Warseer IIRC, it has gone to several pages and I have lost the specific reference.

Sorry, I don't know why 3 popped into my head for the number of wounds.

Archived