Death company... Bolters.... and.... Jump packs!

Theduke08

I do like Bolter Death Compnay but I would personally have a Land Raider for them, tends to minimise the losses if they have a metal box to drive them round.

Still need to them some power weapons to ensure that they can run through whatever unit you point them at.

Fast scoring, hidden PWs, capable in close combat, decent anti.infantry shooting, great mobility. The only thing against them are cost and the fact that special weapons are better in almost every way compared to the pistol versions.

They aren't scoring unless that's been changed in the new codex.

There's some evidence that it has been. The new profiles - at least the ones in Deathstorm - have no reference to The Black Rage as a rule, and instead have all the components (Rage, Furious Charge) as separate entries, with no reference to a rule that renders them not-scoring.

Totally missed that, great news but I want my Death Co to mince units not hold ground

I do like Bolter Death Compnay but I would personally have a Land Raider for them, tends to minimise the losses if they have a metal box to drive them round.

Still need to them some power weapons to ensure that they can run through whatever unit you point them at.

Fast scoring, hidden PWs, capable in close combat, decent anti.infantry shooting, great mobility. The only thing against them are cost and the fact that special weapons are better in almost every way compared to the pistol versions.

They aren't scoring unless that's been changed in the new codex.

There's some evidence that it has been. The new profiles - at least the ones in Deathstorm - have no reference to The Black Rage as a rule, and instead have all the components (Rage, Furious Charge) as separate entries, with no reference to a rule that renders them not-scoring.

Totally missed that, great news but I want my Death Co to mince units not hold ground

The latest spoilers say that you'll get your wish. Death company are now Elites.

If the HQ rumors are true and DC are scoring now, Death Company actually got buffed. Corb's is probably non jump pack, but him with DC punch them up to Init 5 WS 5. Probably need a Land Raven for this setup, but considering they are striking before most units it will be huge in terms of survivability. Though i'm leaning towards jump pack HQ's as it seems very strong and jump units look way cooler :)

I don't know about bolters all round but it would probably be worth sticking them on the PF models as they would not benefit from the extra attack anyway.

This is what I do.  I usually run 2 fists with bolters, then maybe 1 more bolter guy.  

I have been running half Bolter and half ccw DC for a while. Personally, I like to have the option of staying back to shoot or close in and assault. It's easy to want to have your DC dedicated to one or the other, but sometimes it doesn't pan out. Terrian gets in the way and charges are random. Equiping for both is a nice plan B.

With the rumors, it looks like that won't change.

Archived