Terrible realisation for possible DA in the advent calendar

Olataro

Hi guys, first off I'm quite a new DA player. Have been stalking the forums for a year now, silently brooding and lamenting the various "love" GW throws at us.

Anyway, while I was working on an army list I suddenly realised something terrible. We might not get a new data slate for the advent calendar after all! Instead, we might get something most of us never ask for...... That's right, instead of a dataslate that hopefully make dark angels a better army, we might actually get................

A digital edition of our DA codex..... That's right. Unless I'm mistaken, we are currently without a digital edition, and being GW, of course we need one.

WALLPAPERS!! Instead of a data slate we might actually get wallpapers for our advent day!! Geez, that makes a digital codex release sounds so much better. 

Anyway, share your thoughts and if you disagree, what you think we might get for the latest entry in the advent calendar.

Thanks for the correction Indigo. Though i hate to think of it, what you say does make sense.........we might actually get a bunch of wallpapers....which no one would ask for. Sigh.

Any idea what novel or short story the black library might have for us?

actually, your's came out already a couple days ago; on day 2, in fact. its a formation dataslate called The Unrelenting Hunt, and it combines all the models in the DV set, as well as the DV expansion set for DA into a single formation with a couple extra rules.

on day 4, the chaos marines got a formation called Kranon's helguard that does the same thing with the chaos models and expansion kit.

actually, your's came out already a couple days ago; on day 2, in fact. its a formation dataslate called The Unrelenting Hunt, and it combines all the models in the DV set, as well as the DV expansion set for DA into a single formation with a couple extra rules.

on day 4, the chaos marines got a formation called Kranon's helguard that does the same thing with the chaos models and expansion kit.

What data slate? *wink*

Yes, that Im aware of. We are scehduled to appear twice on the GW advent calendar. 

Im actually hoping for some more short stories with Cypher in it. We need to know/read more on boltXplasma goodness!! =D

Well the calender on the left is the black library narrative stuff, and on the right is the GW digital edition stuff.  So we're basically guaranteed to get some more fluff and some dataslate of some kind.  Time will tell!

Holy censored.gif, the sense of entitlement and persecution is so thick you can cut it with a knife! Come on, people. Get real. Dark Angels are already on the calendars three times. Some armies aren't up there at all.

Let's break it down:

Six Entries

• Imperial General: 1 BL, 5GW
  • Painting: 0BL, 6 GW

Five Entries

• Blood Angels (including Flesh Tearers): 3 BL, 2 GW

Three Entries

• Dark Angels: 1 BL, 2 GW

Two Entries

• Warhammer Fantasy 0 BL, 2 GW
  • World Eaters: 2 BL, 0 GW
  • Chaos Marines: 1 BL, 1 GW
  • Astra Militarum: 1 BL, 1 GW

One Entry

• Adeptus Mechanicus: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Tau: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Imperial Fists: 2 BL, 0 GW
  • Thousand Sons: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Winged Lightning Dudes: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Imperial Knights: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Raven Guard: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • White Scars: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Tempestus Scions: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Malcador the Sigilite: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Space Wolves: 0 BL, 1 GW
  • Grey Knights: 0 BL, 1 GW
  • Chaos Daemons: 0 BL, 1 GW
  • Sons of Horus: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Brazen Claws: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Eldar: 1 BL, 0 GW
  • Ultramarines: 1 BL, 0 GW

In other words... you aren't the winners, sure. That honor goes to the noble Paint Pots Chapter, and following them, to the Blood Angels (and the Flesh Tearers). But you aren't the losers, either. Not only are you on the advent calendar - and several armies aren't - you've got more stuff coming to you than the majority of factions that are on the advent calendar.

So please. For censored.gif's sake. Chill out and try to enjoy the three things you are going to get... which is, I repeat, two more than what almost everyone gets and three more than the Sisters of Battle or the Dark Eldar get.

well said, sometimes I think we forget that some armies are dying for some attention - any attention - and while some things may not be the best thing in the current meta, at least we are shown some love.

Its good to have perspective thrown back at our faces once in a while ;) :P

So please. For censored.gif's sake. Chill out and try to enjoy the three things you are going to get... which is, I repeat, two more than what almost everyone gets and three more than the Sisters of Battle or the Dark Eldar get.

Wow where did all that come from? C'mon you are in the DA section what did you expect? A bit of healthy expectation and specualtion hurts no one ;)

Personally the quantity of what we get is less important than the quality. So the numbers (although interesting to see) mean nothing if the three items we seem to be getting are, frankly rubbish :yes:

Cheers

I

Wow where did all that come from? C'mon you are in the DA section what did you expect? A bit of healthy expectation and specualtion hurts no one msn-wink.gif

Personally the quantity of what we get is less important than the quality. So the numbers (although interesting to see) mean nothing if the three items we seem to be getting are, frankly rubbish yes.gif

Cheers

I

Agreed, a data slate with only one page of fluff is just........god, just terrible. I loved the Cypher data slate. It was wonderful, detailing the dedication and frustrations of our fellow dark angels in capturing Cypher and the fear that we are once again, mistaken and fighting on the wrong side (Spoiler: Cypher might be one of those that fought against Luther) .

I just hope......well....wish that at least we get a data slate of some sort that is on par with that quality.

We are the First legion.

We are the Sons Of The Lion.

We shall never forgive, never forget.

We need better attention, better rules befitting our legion.

ElectricPaladin, seems like you are the one needing to take the chill pill. This is the DA forum so, some level of reasonable ranting is expected, especially because all the past lacklustre, Codex, formations and FAQ's. If there is rants it is not about the quantity, it is about the quality... Why do we need so new releases if they are just bad? better to not have anything for a while and get soem good-thought out stuff then have rushed stuff coming out like the latest "formation" that is basically an army list without flexibility.

If you come in ranting about our rants at least do it in a civil way and spare the all these censored.gif emoticons. It makes your point come across worse than it really is. This is really the worse place in B&C forum to come with an attitude like that... whistlingW.gif

i think personnally that the next da announcement will be a lore piece on ravenwing and deathwing. it sounds to me like the most plausible thing they way dey be trollin us with wallpapers and art guides -.- i dont have my hopes set high and im expecting the worst.

We have a grim resolve :p, one of the things I am most excited for my legion and chapter is the possibility for a good Horus heresy novel involving the primarch similar to fear to tread or betrayer or even angel exterminatus or so some really good fluff that show show badass the death wing and raven wing just a diddy novel that shows how awesome we are in robes :)

Speaking of justified DA whinging... I just saw the rumours that Dante's axe will be +2S, AP2, master crafted and NOT unwieldy... more or less exactly what the Sword of Secrets should have been.

How long until we get a new codex and can get some decent toys like everyone else?

Speaking of justified DA whinging... I just saw the rumours that Dante's axe will be +2S, AP2, master crafted and NOT unwieldy... more or less exactly what the Sword of Secrets should have been.

How long until we get a new codex and can get some decent toys like everyone else?

easily another year, but I suppose it's not impossible that gw decides to give us a supplement for a lesser da successor like the angels of absolution or guardians of the covenant. If gdub went that route they would probably make a digital download only book. Hardcopy just doesn't make sense.

easily another year, but I suppose it's not impossible that gw decides to give us a supplement for a lesser da successor like the angels of absolution or guardians of the covenant. If gdub went that route they would probably make a digital download only book. Hardcopy just doesn't make sense.

I can't see that happening, the new MO seems to be release a supplement with the main codex release. Think we'll have to wait for an updated codex, which as you say is probably a while away.

That said, shouldn't we be close to the front of the queue on updates? Necrons' 5th ed. codex and CSM 6th ed. codex are the only main codexes that are older than ours, right?

Now thats unfair......reminds me of the 30K relic where everyone gets cool toys, while we have something that gives you Fear in close combat.....

Now thats unfair......reminds me of the 30K relic where everyone gets cool toys, while we have something that gives you Fear in close combat.....

Fear is useful in 30k. There is no ATSKNF.

On a sepertae note RG has a spot on both sides of the calendar (and from the chapters in the SM dex it needs some filling out...darn ultras and fists...)

edit: sorry to bring my disapointment in the very powerful sm dex here, but I feel that in that book RG and BT got the shaft, not that it compares the the shaft DA got in their book. Or the second shaft that is their faq...

Fear is useful in 30k. There is no ATSKNF.

No, it's more useful thatn in 40k, but only marginally so. Most units are still testing at Ld 8 (more likely Ld 9 or 10) so that relic will still have very little (and highly random) effect. Compared to the BA sword (or just about any other legion relic), ours is junk. But that's been discussed at length elsewhere.

Anyway, back to topic. You know what novel would be cool? The story of your normal tactical squad member who throughout the story accidentally learned the truth and finally joined the inner circle.

We already have one similar. Instead of a tactical squad member it is an assault squad member.

Archived