Collector's Edition

Frater Cornelius

I mean 130€ is a bit steep for a dex, painting guide and some pictures. When you come down to it, you are shelling out 65€ for custom looks and a few images. At least Orks and Wolves has objective markers and other extra bits that made it worthwhile. But this seems much like window-dressing.

Does anyone there see any hidden value that escapes me?

I was fully prepared to get it, having played Blood Angels for over 15 years but couldn't justify the cost when I read through the contents on the website. It's just a huge waste of money and is blatantly gouging their most loyal customers without providing any real value. Those art prints better be freakin amazing!

Though I want it pretty badly I just can't justify the expense for what's being offered.  Actually I'd love to start using the digital codexes but I'd have to upgrade my iPad first, lol.  

I wonder if they will release the "small format" version along with the normal sized version?

$190 aus for pretty paper and painting guide... you all know my answer

And as DG101 stated above, sold out in Oz, must have only had 100 of them set aside down under haha

Fluff is my 40k god and its not in me to pay more than double for the same information as the standard dex... besides those chapter posters will be on the net within a few weeks anyway...

When I get the book I'm going to carefully look if it is worth it and then if not will sell it on and buy a normal Codex. the painting guide probably won't be of much use as I run a custom successor.

I say this but Ill probably get the book, squee very loudly then rip it open in anticipation and not regret a thing cool.png

The DE and SW painting guides both had significant amounts of fluff in them along with the painting guides and seem pretty good value by Geedub standards but I don't see the sense in the Ltd. edition with paint guide plus prints. The wolves one or orks with a supplement and tokens? Yes I'd buy one of those if it was my army as they were not much extra over the stock book price but the Ltd. plus paint guides? Not so much as they work out twice the price for very little extra.

A gaming buddy bought the Ltd. Glottkin book as the HB's had all gone and it was a pitiful difference for the extra cost sadly.

Archived