Shield of Baal: Exterminatus

SonOfThunder

Just saw it on the 40k FB group...Shield of Baal: Exterminatus is the last installment of the campaign, and apparently it's got warlord traits and relics for the 1st company and the Flesh Tearers, as well as 18 dataslates with formations and detachments detailing Dante's alliance...so this is the BA supplement apparently smile.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10683684_10205493494525963_7399481524605347005_o.jpg

Edit: Some Necron loving in there too, get ready for a new wave of BAcron brofisting rambling ;)

In 18 new dataslates that include new detachments, I'm seeing hope for the all-jumper glory of the past :)... the +1I is growing on me though, and it's been less than 24 hours since I first read about it :D

Maybe Honour Guard will come back as a dataslate? (If they really are gone)

Both other Shield of Baal sets were limited edition, so likely this will be as well.  I am however very excited by this.  I just really wish they had spread this out a bit.  We languish in limbo for years, then they dump tons of cool stuff on us all at once and make virtually all of it limited edition prints.  I mean, like a month, maybe two apart, build up some suspense, give us things to look forward to.  No, they have to go for full wallet beat all at once, at Christmas no less.  I would stand on principle and not buy anything if not for two things.  First of all, they are going to sell out anyways so GW still gets its money.  Two, I really need my plastic crack and fluff books.  I really need to find a twelve step program for miniature addiction...

Hardback version is 60€, $75 or so I guess. Plus apparently it's web-only, my FLGS told me they can't get it for me with their usual discount. Softcover is 52€, and FGLSs get it too. I want to know what the datasheets are before getting any version. But with everything being limited, that's easier said than done...

I wish they printed a supplement like champions of fenris for us. I don't want to pay that much money just for my part of the pie. 

Agreed. Plus Champions of Fenris is still sold so you can take a look at it before you buy it and decide if you want it. With Shield of Baal you have to take the risk :)

Got one too smile.png...Can't wait to see the 1st Co detachment. Prolly full of vanvets and terminators. It'd be ace to have a jumper and/or DC detachment as well!

Edit: Can't understand why Leviathan sold out so quickly and Exterminatus is generating a lot less hype, when it's the one with the juicy BA content!

1st Co and Flesh Tearers detachments, warlord traits, relics...BA formations and detachments...I was expecting to see a lot more interest in this one! (despite the disturbing Necron presence ;) )

Archived