Blood Angel Allies -- Psychic Powers

L30n1d4s

Of course, the BA codex is not out yet, but we have some very strong (if not certain) rumors out about the BA unique psychic powers, as below:

Psychic Powers
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to Attacks and Initiative to psyker or target character at 12" 

1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2 
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead 
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++ 
4. Focussed witchfire. Target makes 2 x T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If targed dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5. 
5. Beam.12" S8, AP1 Lance 6"

6. Blessing. Target infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement. 

Since the Unforgiven are battle brothers with the BA, they will be able to benefit from these powers. How would you do this? Below are my thoughts:

Primaris -- Great for bolstering DA characters like Sammael or Belial to really up their damage from medium to potent in close combat. Also could be used to buff a sergeant as needed (DW Knight Master with up to 7 x I7 S6 AP3 attacks on the charge, for example)

1 -- Decent, especially against low Ld troops like Tau or IG with gunlines that cause so many problems for Dark Angels

2 -- Amazing ability, giving Rage to any unit you choose! I would say especially good with DW Knights on the turn they charge/use Smite mode or with RW Black Nights (5 S5 Rending attacks each)

3 -- Solid ability, best with bikers (all forms of Ravenwing) or Tacticals using Banner of Devastation (increased their survivability and shooting at the same time)

4 -- Pretty decent Witchfire that can soften up weak troops (looking at Eldar here especially) and can possible snipe critical models (i.e. Big Mek with KFF or Grey Hunter with Wolf Banner or AM Officer giving out orders to his battleline.

5 -- Very effective alternate to Molten Beam which can threaten even Land Raiders and devastates heavy infantry (when lined up properly, say coming out of a Drop Pod attached to a DA Command Squad)

6 -- Perhaps the best power yet, this makes all forms of DW much more viable, allows RW to move like crazy without Turbo-boosting (so no need to sacrifice shooting) and even turns Greenwing troops into Objective Seizing beasts. 

I wouldn't say terrible idea because we might end up with a cool BA unit in the roster, but such alliance has to be carefully made as to complement the DA roster, not to just get something as fickle as fancypsychic powers.

an interesting idea would be blood angles ft dark angels bringing 1000 points of ravenwing you bring 2 squads of RWBK's and match them with sanguinary priests. fnp and +1 ws on top of their corvus hammered awesomeness. they could just faceroll most common rank and file

I'm not averse to using allies as force multiplyers in this manner. It can be fun. Have been doing it with Grey Knights on and off for years.

But as Chaplain Lucifer said it's more risky when relying on the Psychic ability of an ally rather than on units themselves.

Cheers

I

Archived