New list thoughts....

Morticon

Its still early, and the info isnt fully out yet- but that doesnt stop thinking, speculation and brain-storming.  (especially not if we have the SM dex to work costs off of) 

I will DEFINITELY have a return to jump pack marines (ironically, since people are crying about invalidated jump armies) and I think they have more potential now than before. 

This is what i've thrown together at 1850 (just off top of my head).

Libby -  lvl2, JP Relic  

Corbulo

8x Sang Guard - Fist, IP

8x DC  - Fist, JP

10x TAC - HF, MG, P.Sword (yay return of the humble sword!) and Vet. 

Rhino

5x TAC - Grav 

Razor - Las/Plas

5x TAC - Grav 

Razor - Las/Plas

10x ASM - 2MG, Fist, Vet

10x ASM - 2MG, Swd or Claw, Vet

2x Attack Bikes - MM

SOOOO much stuff and new stuff.. GWAAARRR *drools*

Mort- what are you going to do for anti-air?  How about Knights?  I haven't gone through all the new toys just yet, but it seems like ASM heavy lists are going to have a tough time with these, lets alone the lance formation (3x knights)... sadly, a few of them in this area that I need to prep for.

Cheers!

Mort, I love the list and the fact you included JP ASM.

My initial thoughts bring me to something like this, though I probably need to tone down the amount of pods (I only have 2 pods available :( ).  Probably going to change once I get my talons on the dex:

Libby (JP, Axe)

x8 JP DC (PF, Axe)

Fragioso (melta, pod)

x10 Tac(heavy flamer, melta, sword, vet, pod, deathwind)

x5 Tac(heavy flamer, combi-flamer, pod)

x5 ASM (x2 melta, Infernus, pod)

x5 ASM (x2 melta, Infernus, pod)

x2 Attack Bikes(MM)

Raven

Raven

could do either of those!  Thoughts on the Inq? Whats he good for?

cheap 2 power dice and divination. 1 libby may struggle to cast against armies with 7+power dice. having 4-5makes the casting more smooth , also gives option to cast more then 1 power per turn. he also could give you utility, with grenades or psys.

Cutties is still one of most points efficient HQs in the game.

Mort- what are you going to do for anti-air?  How about Knights?  I haven't gone through all the new toys just yet, but it seems like ASM heavy lists are going to have a tough time with these, lets alone the lance formation (3x knights)... sadly, a few of them in this area that I need to prep for.

Cheers!

No multi-knght lists here, and i figure with that melta and mobility, i should be able to do okay! Also, re: anti-air - i'd forsake it for mobility and in your face smackery!!!

If I had a trip-knight enemy, id be rocking something veeeery diff I think! ><;  -bio-Meph would probs be a starting point, hey! 

If a list doesn't have cheap multi shot weapon access[which is more or less limited to 3 armies] then trying to meta anti air is waste of points, unless one is tailoring and even then it does not work that well.

if that's the case it would make HF tacs in a HF razorback quite tempting.

no it doesn't. cost too much and has a 1 turn down time. If you want to flamercide[now why would you want to do that is separate story]you take a pod. Your in range turn 1 and the 6" deployment gives you huge options to place the templates.

Guess it does make IG even less playable, but GK did that  enough IMO.

Now I know people didn't post about it here a lot. But I strongly advise testing BAs as ally to marines or with marine ally. having multiple units with hit and run, is huge for BAs. And with dante you can have 3 such units. It also also worth to see the face of your opponents when your DC starts saving low ap on +3 cover just because a biker HQ started jinking. Not as good as a necron barge lord, but good enough to be viable imo.

Eldar might not be up for a new codex in quite some time, but Necrons will. 

I would be very surprised to see the kind of tesla spam possible today remaining in the new codex.

After that the last really good flyer is gone and they'll become much less of an issue. Any BA flyer can instead mainly focus on tank and MC hunting. Or deployment/redeployment in the case of a storm raven. A culexus cargo for example could provide a hard counter to any psyker heavy lists you know are present in your meta. 

A problem as I see it is relying too much on the chapter master to tank. A cunning opponent would almost certainly try to LoS block that character to stack wounds on the models with no jink or invul to fall back on. Bikes are also more likely to catch up with fast units trying to outmaneuver them.

Besides getting invisibility I'd seriously consider a land raider to screen an important jump (or BA bike) unit. Having a mobile screen completely immune to anything not haywire and S8+ could be very useful and with the jumpers nearby you can avoid or at least dissuade dedicated tank hunters to move in close. 

Don't forget that you can also give the sergeant two hand flamers, if you want some extra burning.

I know some salamanders that are gona be upset with us :lol:

I think they'll be more upset about 5 ASM w/ 2 MGs, and 2 IP in a Pod for under 150 points.

but why would you take that over a twin multi melta speeder?

Anyone care to let me know what they think about my 2,000 pt list?

HQ

1 Captain, Artificer Armor, Valor's Edge, Space Marine Bike

Troops

10 Tactical Squad, Combi Plasma, Plasmagun, Multi-Melta, Rhino

10 Tactical Squad, Combi Plasma, Plasmagun, Multi-Melta, Rhino

10 Tactical Squad, Veteran Sergeant, Lightning Claw, Combi-Melta, Flamer, Heavy Flamer [Rides in HS Storm Raven]

Elites

5 Terminator Squad, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer [Deep Strike via Teleport]

10 Death Company, 2 Power Fists, Boltguns, Drop Pod

1 Furioso Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer [Rides on Storm Raven]

Fast Attack

5 Bike Squad, Veteran Sergeant, Power Fist, 2 Plasmaguns [Would convert to Gravguns, but the DV models are a bitch to convert in that manner]

Heavy Support

1 Storm Raven, TL Lascannon, TL Multi-Melta

1 Baal Predator, TL Assault Cannon, HB Sponsons

Considerations:

- Meant to be a fun fluffy BA list, not overly competitive

- I could get sponsons on the Storm Raven but I feel they make it too costly; I'll model them on magnetized for display purposes though

- I'll probably grab a third DV Bike Squad and convert to Gravguns later

All that said, what do you think?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/40k-breaking-blood-angels-wargear-latest.html

The Sword, Valors Edge is a melta bomb more than a Power Fist.

For 5 points more I can Trade S+2 for AP2 (and extra attack? It's not two handed, is it?).. Fair trade, I guess, considering I will already have a hidden fist in the Bike squad to punch out anything that needs some instant gibbing.  I'll edit it into my list above.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/40k-breaking-blood-angels-wargear-latest.html

For 5 points more I can Trade S+2 for AP2 (and extra attack? It's not two handed, is it?).. Fair trade, I guess, considering I will already have a hidden fist in the Bike squad to punch out anything that needs some instant gibbing.  I'll edit it into my list above.

only a meltabomb more than a termy power fist :P  Its a meltabomb less than a standard fist, or a meltabomb more than a standard powersword.  Thats a great deal!

For 5 points more I can Trade S+2 for AP2 (and extra attack? It's not two handed, is it?).. Fair trade, I guess, considering I will already have a hidden fist in the Bike squad to punch out anything that needs some instant gibbing. I'll edit it into my list above.

only a meltabomb more than a termy power fist tongue.png Its a meltabomb less than a standard fist, or a meltabomb more than a standard powersword. Thats a great deal!

Yeah.. So what do you have to say about my list then, champion? :P

To be clear for anyone that missed it, you can't take Razorbacks as dedicated transports for ASM anymore (not even paid for). Morticon's list would work but only because he has no other Heavy support in there (only place to buy razors for ASM now).

(Source is 2nd hand but given how many people have the actual book now it seems unlikely to be inaccurate)

The same could be done now we can take 5 man tactical squads with a special or heavy weapon, but naturally you don't get the free razor which is half the reason people spammed them anyway right? (nor do they have objective secured unless you forgoe the whole +1 Initiative thing)

Maybe I'm wrong but full tac squads in rhino's seems the main way forwards now troop wise, extra bodies seem like they will matter that bit more for contesting and securing (especially vs the standard FOC). Kindof feel like with a couple of other support vehicles (likely baal preds and maybe a vindicator) this approach could make a nice anvil to a jump/pod hammer?

Then again if one were to go full mech +1 initiative isn't such a big deal and tactical razorspam might make some sense? (not that I really care I've always been jump pack heavy anyway)

Archived