Advent Calender gives us some attention

Battybattybats

Meh. Obvious shill for the new kit. Won't really be much except 'new unit totally stomps the story'. 

That could in theory be said for most 40k fiction, yet i find lots of 40k fiction a reasonable read and in this case it's for our force.

Not a story about terminators, or marines who ride bikes, or scouts scouting, or guardsman dying in droves yet winning, or that group whose codex just came out etcetera. This time is just like the other times except it's our time.

That doesn't mean it's good, i haven't read it yet, but it doesn't make it bad either.

I've read it and thought it was rather good but flawed. I enjoyed the story and really liked the protagonist but there's a jarring bit at the end where the plot-critical position of one character doesn't seem to fit with the preceding action. It's definitely more than ROAAR! VORAX SMASH! BUY VORAX! and I think it's 99p well spent.

I see the paragraph you mean Cactus, it seems like they meant it to be in the past tense, explaining a detail of what occurred before, but it ended up written like it was just occurring.

Perhaps with the current high output the BL Editors are overworked and starting to miss some things?

Overall i enjoyed it, and found it worth a couple bucks and the time it took to read it.

Archived