The Heavenly Host Plog

Duke Danse Macabre

Ok so this looks to be a ongoing long term commitment for my oldest Marine army so they get the time and attention they deserve.

However first thing on the list is to decide on what will be in my force so I can build around that for what I am going to be buying and painting.

So what I currently have came uo with from our new codex is below but I have a nice chunk of paoints to spre and I want this to be a force that can go toe to toe with anything, I don't like to build my army around others.

Anyway, take a look below, let me know what you think and with luck before the Saturday realease I will know what I need.

Blood Angels 1850

Baal Strike Force Formation:

(+1 Initiative for Charging)

Dante:

10 Sanguinary Guard:

4 Inferno Pistols:

Chapter Banner:

10 Death Masks:

2 Power Fists:

Sanguinary Priest:

Inferno Pistol:

Power Weapon:

Angels Wing:

5 Man Assault Squad:

Inferno Pistol:

2 Melta Guns:

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

5 Man Assault Squad:

Inferno Pistol:

2 Melta Guns:

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

5 Man Assault Squad:

Inferno Pistol:

2 Melta Guns:

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

5 Man Tactical Squad:

Heavy Flamer:

Combi Grav

Drop Pod:

Storm Bolter

5 Man Tactical Squad:

Heavy Flamer:

Combi Grav

Drop Pod: Locator Beacon

Storm Bolter

Storm Raven:

Twin Linked Assault Cannon

Twin Linked Multi Melta

Missiles

This leaves a total of 265 Points open to me.

I want the whole force coming in from reserve via drop pod and deep striking.

However I need to also hold objectives and I'm torn between a unit of Terminators coming in via Storm Raven, Death Company or more drop pods with Tactical squads for holding or should I go another Direct, Take some Tactical Marines, Load them for Combat and Add Mephiston as a Monster Hunter Squad?

You can get another Raven and scouts to drop on objectives. With Dante's reserves control, having several fliers is not a huge gamble.

Can you put both a heavy and a special weapon on tacs under 10?...in vanilla-land, they can have a special or heavy for the first five, and then whatever they didn't get for the second five.

You see this is another problem, with the way the book is now I can easily fit:

A) Another Flyer and Troops Choice

B) Trim 10 Points and Take Mephiston with a Command Squad which will give him FNP

C) 5 Man Assualt Terminator Squad and Have enough Points for another Priest with just a small amount of trimming.

So many new choices are opened up Here, Personally i am tempted by the LOD but a second flyer may be the smarter choice.

I have very little gaming experience, so don't think what I said was any kind of sensible advice, it's just something that sounded cool smile.png I just happen to like flyers, but I don't like leaving stuff in reserves, and I don't want an aegis for the comm relay, so I only ever field a single raven. Dante solves that!

Also, I don't think I like the idea of the Dantestar too much. Inferno pistols only have a 3" melta range, and you already have loads of melta anyway. I think I'd trim down that squad and include a jump DC squad. Dante goes with the DC, priest with the SG. The Dantestar will annihilate (like totally murder and kill with tons of leftover wounds) one unit a turn, but 2 smaller deathstars can still kill 2 units, and soak up more damage. Plus if your cc deathstars don't have good shooting, you won't feel that you're wasting shots running them when they fall, splitting them up a bit.

It'd be probably more cost effective to just include 2 large jump DC squads and change the priest for a librarian (or an astorath) , but that's starting to change your list too much biggrin.png

Get A Command Rhino Mate, Think its a Damocles Pattern.

The Price of a Sang Priest and take sup a HQ slot but Geta orbital bombardment, rerolls to reserve rolls and a locator beacon.

Not to shabby truth be told.

If I am running a drop army I like all my guys coming in the same way.

Dante will luckily though not be effected by overwatch at the shoot his unit as BS 1 thanks to the Priests Angels Wing.

Flyers are good though, I just don't think 7th is the best edition for them like 6th was.

Also as much as i love Mephiston I don't like running too many named characters if i can help it.

Well after much deliberation, list changing, rules checking and tactical arguments with everyone I could I have decided on the final list I will build and run based around the viablity of the force, its ability to face all comers and how sexy it looks whilst doing so.

Now the entire list is bult around dropping in and blowing the enemy to peices with both Flamer and Melta before getting into close combat.

That Said and one I am open to all ideas in regards to modeling, painting and even tactics if anyone thinks things can be done better another way.

I'm going to start getting images of my BA later tonight as I have allot already being my oldest army, I have however sold most my old models, mainly as I started the force back in 94 - 95 and they were metal and old style.

In the meanwhile however give it a quick look over and let me know what you think.

Modeling wise I don't think Dante, the Priest or the Sanguinary Guard need much work, Storm Raven is a Straight Forwards Build as are the Drop Pods, Marine wise I just really need them to look dynamic and I wanted the Livarian Dreadnought built off a BA contemptor when they finally come out with a sword in hand.

Terminators are a mis of Space Hulk, Captain and the new kit but truth be told I need so ideas for modeling inspiration and that where i hoped you could come in.

Blood Angels 1850

Baal Strike Force Formation:
(+1 Initiative for Charging)

Dante:

10 Sanguinary Guard:

4 Inferno Pistols:
Chapter Banner:
10 Death Masks:
2 Power Fists:

Sanguinary Priest:
The Crown Angelic:
Valors Edge:
Angels Wing:
Bolt Pistol:
Auspex:

5 Man Assault Squad:

2 Melta Guns:

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter

5 Man Assault Squad:
2 Melta Guns:

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter

5 Man Tactical Squad:
Inferno Pistol:
Heavy Flamer:

Drop Pod:
Storm Bolter

5 Man Tactical Squad:
Inferno Pistol:
Heavy Flamer:

Drop Pod:
Storm Bolter

Libarian Dreadnought:
Heavy Flamer or Melta Gun (not Sure)

Drop Pod:

Storm Raven:
Twin Linked Assault Cannon
Twin Linked Multi Melta
Missiles

5 Terminators:
3 Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield:
2 Lightning Claws

Total Points: 1846

From experience, I disagree there brother.

A rerollable 3+ is good, yes, but not infallible. Especially when your oppo has warlord traits or psychic powers etc. which put a negative modifier on your reserve rolls. A 2+ rerollable however is a gift horse for anyone relying heavily on reserves. Throw in the orbital and its ability to snipe the enemy warlord on turn 1, plus the ability to grab objectives, and yes please that's a bargain sir.

Yeh...

I never remember to update anything in a timely manner.

So trying to catch up lets start with the corner stone of our great army, Dante Himself.

Let me know what you think folks.

Also on another note,  is with the new book I now want to add more sexy conversions, looking towards out flyer however I don't see what I can really do.

Any Ideas?

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/IMG_06771.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/IMG_06771.jpg

Archived