i found out where GW hid the old lions roar..

aura_enchanted

The relic plasma pistol is too expensive at the points I have seen it costs.  Who in their right mind will pay that?  You can get infernus pistols in the Blood Angels codex still can't you, and they are a lot better and only 40 or 60% of the price.

The ap2 power sword, again nice, but its not very good for the poiunts IMO.  How many terminators do you fight against?  How many of those don't have stormshields?  Not sold on ap2 being worth such a large jump in points over ap3 here.  Azzys sword seems a lot better IMO.

And when you're fighting a beatstick in a challenge, forcing a 3++ for 20 odd points is twice as good as trying to get past 2+. That makes a great deal of difference.

On it's own or on a TDA character, I too prefer our Lion's Roar, but losing an attack on a PA character is a pain and can make the difference in a challenge.

I understand that our Blood Brothers are meant to be better in a scrap than us because they are angry mutants but it is a pain in the back side that the designers insist they get better sharp sticks in addition to better fighting skills.

stobz

If they get better sharp sticks can we have some more balistic skills and dakka guns. our bolter banner can be hilarious but I find that unless its on bikes its really restricts me as my marines can't move and benefit.  A cunning opponent will stay just beyond rapid fire range and then assault forward or will force you to move, I also find that unless you have at least two full squads near this banner it can still get taken out! I aften feel its too much of an investment for not enough return.  maybe if i ever get enough bikes to run a full ravenwing force i'll give it another go.

While im on this I thought dark angels were supposed to be the best at using plasma? Having more of it and in better nick than other chapters, so give us a something to represent this (not all of us have money for sammuel). Maybe if your within range of a techmarine you re-roll gets hot?

Archived