Let's talk about the Storm Raven, again

appiah4

Well I would put close combat scouts with priest inside - go hoover and assault after disembarking :-)  I can imagine surprise on face of the opponent when he gets 27 WS4 I5 S5 attacs (+ 4 sarge at WS5 I5 S5 power attacs + priest attacks)... and all that from simple scouts ;-) That wouldn't even be so expensive points wise...

P.S. For Skyfire - maybe legacies of glory for rifleman dread (4 twin linked str 7 shots should hurt most flyers...)

oh... and I got question - do Angel's Wing jump pack would confer its abilities when inside of Stormraven? As per wording it is unit that contains model with this jump pack... and certainly raven would quite literaly contain model inside ;-)

[sarcasm]We do get flakk missiles now.[/sarcasm]

Are flakk missiles bad? I had thoughts of getting a missile launcher devastator squad (or putting one missile launcher with the upgrade into a squad of plasma cannonsor whatever) into a good vantage point in cover and using them to hunt flyers. Signum -> BS 5 on the missile launcher when I need. Is that a bad idea?

With my black templars I have been using them while my storm talon is coming. I have found them to be pretty bad. Sure it's better than nothing but it's so costly. The problem that I have with them is that the scariest flyers in your opponents army are usually av 12 which makes you pen them on 6 and then after that since it's ap 2 or 1 you need a 6 which usually isn't good enough. There so bad my opponent doesn't even junk when I fire them at him.

For me most important would be the thing when Angels Wing jump pack is iside Stormraven comming from reserves - do interceptor will be disrupted? Wording is: Furthermore, any models that target this unit as a result of Interceptor special rule can only take Snap Shots when doing so. RAI would be not, but RAW - maybe yes.

Someone pointed out to me that if you put a magna grapple on a Furioso or DC dread, it won't ever immobilise itself when using Skies of Fury - models with Move through Cover automatically pass Dangerous Terrain tests. With the impossibility of a one-shot death in case of Crash and Burn, the Raven looks pretty decent as a fighty dread transport.

Win!

Archived