Cape Town -Regional 2014

Morticon

Its the final Regional tournament of the year, and its billed to be stronger and harder than the nationals was with 7 of the top 10 seeds competing! 

Because of the release time, i'm obviously not allowed to use the new BA dex (booo)  but I have been playing with something fun, and representative of the old dex.  

I'll be taking this:

Reclusiarch

Damocles Rhino  (IA:2)

Furioso - Frag, Magna, Melta

Drop Pod

8x Death Company - Fist, Pw.Axe, Pw.Maul

Drop Pod

5x ASM - Flamer

Razorback - TLHF

5x ASM 

Razorback - TLPG/LC

Storm Raven - Extra Armour, TLAC, TLMM

Fire Raptor - QuadBolter

Sicaran - Schism Of Mars Legacy

My toughest competition will be Nigel and his newly improved Ork list of doom. (and hes beaten this list comfortably twice already).

I fully expect him to roll 4 of 6 opponents over the weekend.  

The tourney is 6 games, 3 Eternal War, 3 Maelstrom missions.  

Will post pics and batreps post tourney.

Hm, I am interested how the Raven performs.

Its been gorgeous in all my games.  

Guys here dont go hard for anti-flyer stuff, so i'm usually protected.  (famous last words).  The dread helps me take out key anti-air units before they get shot down too.

That is a lot of forge world, I can't make any of the tournaments in my area as they are all on Saturdays, really wish I could, but work comes first. But around here no one allows Forge world or Imperial Knights, not even the games workshop. As a consequence I have not picked up anything from forge world that was not just an aesthetic piece. If I was to get one thing from them, what would be your recommendation?

That is a lot of forge world, I can't make any of the tournaments in my area as they are all on Saturdays, really wish I could, but work comes first. But around here no one allows Forge world or Imperial Knights, not even the games workshop. As a consequence I have not picked up anything from forge world that was not just an aesthetic piece. If I was to get one thing from them, what would be your recommendation?

:/  Such a pity. 

I'd say either the Fire Raptor, or the Sicaran!! :D Both amazing. 

What does the Schisms of Mars do?

Good luck with the final fairwell, had mine last Monday (combat patrol mini-tourni; it didn't go well...)

Gives the Vehicle 'Tank Hunter', +1BS against Daemonforge, ignore Haywire on a roll of 4+ (in addition to other saves).

You generally buy it for the 'Tank Hunter'. Sicaran with Tank Hunter can take apart a Land Raider with a bit of luck and it easily takes care of Serpents, one Serpent per shooting phase.

Edit: Morti beat me to it :P

Guys!!  Day one went well. 

I'm on 2 wins and a draw.  The competition is NUTS!!!  INSANE screamer star list, INSANE orky lists -2 of the hardest ones ive seen.  And insane Eldar too.  Just cray all round.   

will tell you all about it in batreps!!!  Gonna be a VERY rough day tomorrow.  Playing the screamer star tomorrow first game :(

Guys!! Day one went well.

I'm on 2 wins and a draw. The competition is NUTS!!! INSANE screamer star list, INSANE orky lists -2 of the hardest ones ive seen. And insane Eldar too. Just cray all round.

will tell you all about it in batreps!!! Gonna be a VERY rough day tomorrow. Playing the screamer star tomorrow first game sad.png

Culexus Assassin would be jolly good in there. Either way, good job, bud ;)

On top of what fellow brethren have suggested, depending on your priorities I would consider the Caestus assault ram. If you want a reliable assault transport and your local meta doesn't happen to include an abundance of S7+ anti-air, it's top choice.

Worth also looking at the 'battle of keylek' legacy of glory for it. Ignores cover on the large blast melta and firefury missiles can do things few others can.

Sicaran

This, when I first got back into the hobby and was getting owned by daemon prince spam or riptide/commander shenanigans I insterded one with a legacy of glory into my list, it went from a "that cool tank", to "that :cussing tank, it does look sweet though mate"

Though I felt no remorse when people threw heldrakes and 2 plus bel'acor at me along with FnP equipped riptide spam and 3 flying daemon princes with a greater deamon. Stick war of murder on it and it chomps through nids and deamon princes.

Archived