BA Anti-Air options

bushman101

I've been writting up some lists to try out, but I'm having a real problem figuring out what to do against Flyers.

I don't currently have the book that outlines Fortifications (did they change much from the 6th ed BRB?), so I want to discuss our codex options.

Our Devs get Flak missles which is cool, but how reliable have they worked out for others?

StormRaven seems to have changed a bit (mostly from the loss of BloodStrike Missles), is this our main AA option?

Anything else I missed? (Codex options, not counting things from other suppliments)

speaking strickly codex options. I would add assault cannon baal preds or razorbacks with TL assault cannon. it doesn't usually take down a fly but I can and it can also make someone choose to jink, which sometimes is half the battle.

fair enough. the few lists I wrote up actually run TL las Razorbacks, just not a fan of having to snap fire at Flyers

well unfortunately unless you go outside codex your options are that, the stormraven, or flakk devs. I have been using them with my space wolves but at 175 for missile devs with flak its not a cheap option or good option. I find it really lack luster but have been saving my money for the BA release and didn't want to buy the stormwolf. what I do is ignore the flyers and jink with the stormraven to give them a target has worked for me so far.

I think mort said it and I liked his point. Speed is the best defense. play fast play hard and don't give them a real target

well unfortunately unless you go outside codex your options are that, the stormraven, or flakk devs. I have been using them with my space wolves but at 175 for missile devs with flak its not a cheap option or good option. I find it really lack luster but have been saving my money for the BA release and didn't want to buy the stormwolf. what I do is ignore the flyers and jink with the stormraven to give them a target has worked for me so far.

I think mort said it and I liked his point. Speed is the best defense. play fast play hard and don't give them a real target

gotcha. Well, I have a Aegis Defence Line and a Bastion. May as well pick up the Fort Suppliment

Hey guys has anyone thought about running the tyrannic war veterans list basically tyrannic veterans (sternguard with only hellfire) Cassius and up to six storm talons. And if the storm talons hit a target then the veterans get ignore cover on that unit. Seems cheap and fluffy considering that we can use the new successor chapter as the formation.

Hey guys has anyone thought about running the tyrannic war veterans list basically tyrannic veterans (sternguard with only hellfire) Cassius and up to six storm talons. And if the storm talons hit a target then the veterans get ignore cover on that unit. Seems cheap and fluffy considering that we can use the new successor chapter as the formation.

I so want to try this.  And having the Stormtalons start on the field can make it even rougher for the opponent.

Archived