Lamenters (updated 05/01/15)

Lorenzen

Hello all, the new codex bug has bitten me and so I've decided to embark upon a small (1500pt) force for Throne of Skulls.. Now being the kind of person that I am I decided that if I was going to do this I might as well not make things easy for myself and choose the awkward step child of the blood angels and hopefully run for best painted and counteract my natural dark and gritty vibe in the process..

So without further ado i present the test model for this voyage into bright colours and cursed souls..

10511302_10152552848691406_8135906262611

The scheme is borrowed from Darkwraith (the goldfish of justice) and the yellow has been a little washed out by the photograph.. But its nearly 3am so i think you can forgive me for less than perfect photography.. 

No idea on how I'm going to compose the force yet, but I'm strongly considering running (and converting a suitable model for) either Malakim Phoros or a Lamenter Mephiston equivalent.. either way, center piece character model for the army to run around with something hitty (death co or assault termies.. or both)

Oh god yes! I love your death guard thread, I cannot even begin to fathom what you will do with an army like the lamenters! As for the malakim phoros vs Mephiston debate... Why not both? Both would provide unique conversion challenges-- trying to capture the spirit and character of both, as well as making their signature wargear look different than any other conversions out there. Plus having both available would allow for variety in list building. Pardon my asking-- but would you mind telling me what background you're using for photos and/or the camera? I'm so jealous of your sample marine picture it's unreal.

Thanks for the positivity :)

The scratch on his foot is painted on, it's a little off i agree but as hes a line troop I'm not too fussed about altering it, the mouth grille needs doing (as does the text on the purity seal and a few of the rivets but he is essentially done bar a nice 32mm base with suitable crap on it.

Also after looking at the death storm stuff i have a question.. cassor the damned able to take a drop pod? Hes a troops choice dc dread.. so appeals to me, but I'm unclear on how dataslatey stuff and transports interact etc..

I'd be very tempted to (if i cant take a dedicated slot I'll just stick him in a lucius or give up a fast attack slot for a regular one.) Hell i could stick him on the back of a storm guppy if i dont go drop pod

Neat.  I'd make the vox-grill black or metal rather than yellow, and go for a darker or different shade of dirt to better stand out against the yellow, but aside from those points there's not much to nitpick.

Edit- found one more.  I'd pick out the studs and the chest lens-nipple-socket thing with metallic or black as well.

Naughty firepower. You posted without reading his later post. He stated he still had to pick out the rivets and do the face grill. Typical templar. Rush in before you know the full situation

No, I simply looked at the situation and disregarded what anyone had to say, because my opinions are the only ones that matter. I am right, definitively.

That's a typical Templar. msn-wink.gif

finished most of the touch ups on the 1st marine and started on the 2nd, still need to paint and glue his head.. unsure on the left shoulder pad with the red robes.. think i may just marble the whole effigy instead (its only blocked in atm anyway) what do you all reckon?

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/349/7/e/ghc_by_typhion-d89zco9.jpg

Archived