Lamenters (updated 05/01/15)

Lorenzen

done a little more on Phoros (and sorted out the sarges base though hes not finished yet) and got a blutack mock up of him together (without cape) so you can get an idea of where he will be going.. thinking i may magnetize the backpack so i can also run him as dante if i feel the urge.

10432558_10152567303381406_6895934607569

Paint jobs look amazing and your conversion of Phobos is awesome. Can you do me a favor and drop the finished Phobos in my Blood Angels Special Character Conversions thread here when you are done? The thread is here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/300271-post-blood-angel-special-character-conversions/

I'll try and post Phoros in that thread once he's done.. Though I may need reminding.

Only a small update today (with a bad photo) but i have pretty much finished the sergeant now, the blade has a "true metallic" finish to it, though its not the best for a first proper attempt I'm happy with it. the hilt of the sword was finished after the picture was taken.

10689424_10152571777186406_1869882657089

Hello all, the new codex bug has bitten me and so I've decided to embark upon a small (1500pt) force for Throne of Skulls.. Now being the kind of person that I am I decided that if I was going to do this I might as well not make things easy for myself and choose the awkward step child of the blood angels and hopefully run for best painted and counteract my natural dark and gritty vibe in the process..

So without further ado i present the test model for this voyage into bright colours and cursed souls..

10511302_10152552848691406_8135906262611

The scheme is borrowed from Darkwraith (the goldfish of justice) and the yellow has been a little washed out by the photograph.. But its nearly 3am so i think you can forgive me for less than perfect photography.. 

No idea on how I'm going to compose the force yet, but I'm strongly considering running (and converting a suitable model for) either Malakim Phoros or a Lamenter Mephiston equivalent.. either way, center piece character model for the army to run around with something hitty (death co or assault termies.. or both)

You could have said that's 54mm and I would have bought it.

I love Phoros' hair you did! He looks great.

However my only quibble is with your shoulder pads and the checkering. As one who does it as well (my 1st legion) I understand how painful it is. My only advice is to do multiple thin layers of the black over a white shoulder pad. Once you've done that, do a really light highlight with about 50/50 grey and black. If you feel adventurous, throw a thin wash of nuln oil over the top to help it blend together better.

Hope that helps.

The segeants cheques im not happy with really, but id rather move on, then revisit them later if i have time. Outside of blended highlights ( which would mean transitional colour on the black and white) i wont be adding any highlights to them as its unatural to pick out edges on painted detail and will lose definition between the clean white and the black..

Yeah the bases are 32mm.. i have over 100 sitting in a box to do this army and rebase the XIVth too

Okay update time.. been working on the test marine for the death co scheme.. think im happy with the basics though he needs tidying up and finishing before im sure.. basics are black undercoat, zenith with german grey, then highlights with dark grey and basalt grey.. chips are done with a mix of burnt cadmium and black to add a bit of difference to the rest of the armour.. apologies for how over exposed the photo is.. ill try and get better ones soon (camera is dead so phone pics for now sad.png )

1919630_10152583307671406_15972838871369

worked out the arms for phoros too, though they need a serious amount of clean up and soft armour to be sculpted etc etc. before theyre fixed into place properly.. hes a long way from completion yet, still need to sculpt the fancy borders onto his left leg and give him some hip armour before i even consider starting work on the pimp cloak.

10294352_10152583307801406_6271454718820

Archived