Is the priest worth taking anymore?

John_f

In our old codex, you could just buy one for 50p and put him inbetween two RAS and go to work. But now you are looking at a base cost of 65 + 20ish for bike/jp and he will still only give FnP to ONE squad. They already have FC. So ~100p for FnP for one unit OR you could just buy 6 extra guys for that squad. I'm not seing the value we had in the old codex.

What do you guys think?

Corbulo with DC or termies in pods is a beast, a very strong combo if you build around him.

The regular priest is more situational, I would always try to fit him in when playing a unit of sanguinary guard or various ras squads, else he is probably less useful.

@Mort Haha yeah I was golly geeing too when I saw that, crazy^^

I think that priest are absolutely worth it. The buffs he offers to the unit he runs with are incredible: +1 WS and FNP can make the difference in many fights, especially when combined with +1 S from FC and +1 I from the BSFD. We can't use priests the way we used to, and that's a shame. Putting priests with every squad to spam FNP across all my squads was a lot of fun. However, that doesn't make sanguinary priests bad. They're a little more expensive and you can't take as many, but they're still great.

TL;DR version - you are forgetting the importance of +1 WS.

Also, the priest himself is a BAMF. He gets +1 WS too! WS 6, I 5 on the charge... he's almost as good as the dudes that other chapters call "captain!"

Archived