Exterminatus details

Jorre

Techmarines cant wear TDA too... so basically all progenoids of the veterans will be lost and all their veichles will break during campaigns without maintenance...

Who is the "genius" who wrote this crap???

GW game designers already have low writing abilities and they keep dispersing them making dozen of unnecessary manuals in the poor attempt to grab more money...

Quality over quantity...

I am a DA player but i always liked BA too since the days of the Codex: Angels of Death (my first codex ever)...

Techmarines cant wear TDA too... so basically all progenoids of the veterans will be lost and all their veichles will break during campaigns without maintenance...

GW designs its rules nowadays to take into account multi-CAD.

The logical thing to do is to take a second detachment with Priests.

This is only one of the new foc in exterminatus, there are more to come. It fits perfectly for a fluff representation of the first company. Unfortunately it's not the best if your trying to find away to run all jumpers, as the hq needs Terminator armour.

I still have hope for a sweet Dante foc or data slate.

if the ability is 1d6 less scatter, man... if dante can lead them it's no scatter jumpers... what a hoot:)

it's weird the warlord must be in termy armour... the first company has stern guard and Vanguard in it... good just be a game balance thing I guess;P

I mean, take a Terminator Chaplain with a single Termy Assault Squad. Fill the rest up with Jumpers and voila? Give the Chaplain a LRC, Storm Rave, Storm Eagle (if peeps let you take one; doesn't make sense that you can't), Caestus Assault Ram, etc. And you're good to go.

I mean, take a Terminator Chaplain with a single Termy Assault Squad. Fill the rest up with Jumpers and voila? Give the Chaplain a LRC, Storm Rave, Storm Eagle (if peeps let you take one; doesn't make sense that you can't), Caestus Assault Ram, etc. And you're good to go.

Or take that Deathstorm Captain, for his reserves shenanigans. I think he would fit in perfectly.

Is exterminatus our supplement? because the description said that it had flesh tearers warlord traits and relics, and seeing that I am building a flesh tearers force for a campaign at my GW I really need to know if I need this book to run them as flesh tearers.

...wait wat?

I neeeeeeeed me some FT relics and traits!!!

...don't :cuss it up GW :angry:

Well, he is Captain of the First Company..

Edit: Exterminatus will also have Necron Stuff so its still Part of the Shield of Baal.

I'm also wondering where the simultaneous Codex + Supplement Release that we've seen prior has gone...

Agreed - we need to get over this idea that army = CAD. Or even that an army requires a CAD. There are many ways to play. Many of them are not competitive - almost all of them have a place in the ongoing narrative of your games. If you want to play the First Company supported by elements of another company, use this special 1st Company Detachment with a normal BSFD.

Agreed - we need to get over this idea that army = CAD. Or even that an army requires a CAD. There are many ways to play. Many of them are not competitive - almost all of them have a place in the ongoing narrative of your games. If you want to play the First Company supported by elements of another company, use this special 1st Company Detachment with a normal BSFD.

The 'you can always take lots of detachments, or play unbound' argument isn't particularly valid.

If you're playing 40k in a competitive environment, there have to be restrictions on how many detachments/formations you can take to prevent uber cheese like 30 inquisition detachments each consisting of a single inquisitor.  

In the Australian competitive scene, the locally accepted rule is that you're allowed one 'big' detachment, and one 'small'. Big detachments are things like CADs or codex specific detachments like the Baal Strike Force or Nemesis Strike Force. Small detachments are allied detachments or formations. Given this restriction, one cannot overcome poorly designed force organisation charts by simply 'taking more detachments'. 

I realise that not everybody plays 40k competitively, but it should be factored into reviews of any particular codices or supplements.

This is only one of the new foc in exterminatus, there are more to come. It fits perfectly for a fluff representation of the first company. Unfortunately it's not the best if your trying to find away to run all jumpers, as the hq needs Terminator armour.

Please don't think it is some well thought out balance thing. It is GW cobbling together a new Codex with minimal effort.

Please don't think it is some well thought out balance thing. It is GW cobbling together a new Codex with minimal effort.

I don't think I mentioned anything about balance??

It looks like they are giving us alot of options which is nice. I have always wanted to make a BA first company, I've always had to use a dark angel codex to do it though.

They still havnt given us the one option everyone wants though! All jump pack list!

If you're playing 40k in a competitive environment...

That's your mistake right there. This here is not a competitive game. It's not designed to hold up under that kind of pressure. Maybe it was, once, but that was a long time ago. If you're really into hard-minded tactical wargames, I can recommend Dropzone Commander. It's a really fun game with a decent narrative, though not quite as in-depth as Warhammer 40k's. It's a tough, detailed game, definitely written with tournaments in mind. 40k is not.

You could probably pay me enough to play in a Warhammer 40k tournament. It'd cost you about $30. I'd pay to play in a Dropzone Commander tournament, though. I have. I came in third biggrin.png.

you can get up to 6 furious!!  6 fragnoughts in lucius pods cost 1080 points.  Add in a libby in TDA, then add what you want from another detachment like.... 1 scout squad cassor the dammed and a tech marine...and...3 more furioso dreads? or maybe take libby dreads and/or instead...

DREADFULL ;P

If you're playing 40k in a competitive environment...

That's your mistake right there. This here is not a competitive game. It's not designed to hold up under that kind of pressure. Maybe it was, once, but that was a long time ago. If you're really into hard-minded tactical wargames, I can recommend Dropzone Commander. It's a really fun game with a decent narrative, though not quite as in-depth as Warhammer 40k's. It's a tough, detailed game, definitely written with tournaments in mind. 40k is not.

You could probably pay me enough to play in a Warhammer 40k tournament. It'd cost you about $30. I'd pay to play in a Dropzone Commander tournament, though. I have. I came in third biggrin.png.

People like playing 40k. They like the 40k universe. They like the fluff, the models and the robust community. Some of these people also enjoy playing competitively and are unwilling to migrate to a different game just because it's more balanced. Instead, they try to balance 40k.

Simply dismissing the game as 'not suitable for competitive play' lets GW off the hook and perpetuates the idea that it's ok to release unbalanced or myopically conceived rulesets. GW want to be taken seriously, and they want to grow as a public company and see their profits start to increase again. It is their responsibility to release a premium product if they want to do justice to their shareholders. Not only does that mean they should keep producing good models and expanding the fictional universe with more novels, but also that they should attempt to produce balanced, easy to understand rules.

I think 7th edition was a step forwards, and the new team writing the codices is doing a good job streamlining the rules into an easier to balance system. The biggest weakness, as it stands, is the lack of definitive answers about interactions between allies and command benefits. That is why it is important, at least in our local scene, for the tournament organisers to take over and set limitations.

Archived