Exterminatus details

Jorre

I am aware you can't assault from a lucius pod. but for 50 points being able to stay embarked and shoot out is amazing! the weird 50% chance [go first and you get it in your opponents turn] to get shrouding for the pod and anything behind it is just a lovely bonus

As I said, just checking :)

Hold on.... It's open topped, and you can assault from an open topped vehicle, right? Just not in the turn you arrive from reserves.

Soz for going off topic but I got a lucious and I have a love / hate relationship with it...

I am aware you can't assault from a lucius pod. but for 50 points being able to stay embarked and shoot out is amazing! the weird 50% chance [go first and you get it in your opponents turn] to get shrouding for the pod and anything behind it is just a lovely bonus

As I said, just checking smile.png

Hold on.... It's open topped, and you can assault from an open topped vehicle, right? Just not in the turn you arrive from reserves.

Soz for going off topic but I got a lucious and I have a love / hate relationship with it...

What you said is correct. You can stay embarked on the Lucius, then disembark, move and charge next turn.

there was a leak earlier this week of dataslates that are to appear in the new white dwarf. I believe these are all just a preview and that they will all appear in Exterminatus as part of the 18 new data slates.

BLOOD ANGELS

- The Archangels (the elite detachment being discussed here)

- Angels Fury Spearhead - 3 tac + 3 stormravens (free T.Homers and deepstrike benefits)

- Angels Wrath - 1 VV + 3 Assult (assault can use VV for no deepstrike scatter)

FLESH TEARERS

- FT Vanguard Strike - 3 tac, 1 Assault, 1 VV and 1 Furioso (stubborn/no disordered charge and red thirst)

- Blood Rain Strike Force - 1 DC, 1 VV, 1 Assault, 1 Furioso and 1 stormraven (Crusader, deepstrike/reserve benefits and rage if charging from the raven!)

- Strike force Razorwind - Made up of 2 other FT formations but I can't make out the names properly (gives reserves benefits and fearless with 12" of Seth)

- L????? relief force and The Defenders of Ca????? (no further info but make up the razorwind formation above)

So this gives us 3 BA and 3 (5?) TF formations. I have also seen a Necron one made up of a monolith and loads of warriors so that should leave 9 (11?) unknown Formations in the new book

there was a leak earlier this week of dataslates that are to appear in the new white dwarf. I believe these are all just a preview and that they will all appear in Exterminatus as part of the 18 new data slates.

BLOOD ANGELS

- The Archangels (the elite detachment being discussed here)

- Angels Fury Spearhead - 3 tac + 3 stormravens (free T.Homers and deepstrike benefits)

- Angels Wrath - 1 VV + 3 Assult (assault can use VV for no deepstrike scatter)

FLESH TEARERS

- FT Vanguard Strike - 3 tac, 1 Assault, 1 VV and 1 Furioso (stubborn/no disordered charge and red thirst)

- Blood Rain Strike Force - 1 DC, 1 VV, 1 Assault, 1 Furioso and 1 stormraven (Crusader, deepstrike/reserve benefits and rage if charging from the raven!)

- Strike force Razorwind - Made up of 2 other FT formations but I can't make out the names properly (gives reserves benefits and fearless with 12" of Seth)

- L????? relief force and The Defenders of Ca????? (no further info but make up the razorwind formation above)

So this gives us 3 BA and 3 (5?) TF formations. I have also seen a Necron one made up of a monolith and loads of warriors so that should leave 9 (11?) unknown Formations in the new book

Some of these formations are not in exterminatus, the leaked images clearly indicate that they are a white dwarf exclusive

Edit: ^beat me to it

Yeah I've seen the images but it wouldn't surprise me if they were still in the new book. I think in this case 'exclusive' means 'seen here first' not 'will only ever be seen here'

Really don't believe that GW would produce 18 new slates plus the ones in WD....

Yeah I've seen the images but it wouldn't surprise me if they were still in the new book. I think in this case 'exclusive' means 'seen here first' not 'will only ever be seen here'

Really don't believe that GW would produce 18 new slates plus the ones in WD....

Well, they are asking a lot for exterminatus!! Plus, if Baal gets destroyed, we should get something in return :P

hmm any ideas where, someone else mentioned 4chan or something, but i dont dare enter that hellhole.

Yeah. You'll want your helmet.

Anyway, I don't remember. I do a lot of quick glancing at the Internet throughout my work day - I'm a teacher and sometimes I need to give my hindbrain a break from my horrible lovely students - so things sometimes flash across my mind and disappear. I'll post a link if I stumble across it a second time.

>Archangels

- Banner of the Archangel Host - 30pts

Terminators only. Does the same as the regular terminator banner and gives the unit Preferred Enemy (Everything).

- Archangel's Edge - 5pts

Terminator sarge only. Powersword that gives ID against MCs on a to-hit roll of 6.

- Executioner's Hood - 5pts

Librarian only. Makes the user immune to Shadow in the Warp.

>Flesh Tearers

- Slayer's Wrath - 10pts

MC boltgun with Poison(2+)

- Shield of Cretacia - 5pts

Powerarmor that makes immune to Poison

- Bones of Baelsor - 15pts

Only for the various dreads. Additional armor that makes all pens from bio-plasma, bio-plasmic cannons and venom cannons into glaces.

>Archangels

- Banner of the Archangel Host - 30pts

Terminators only. Does the same as the regular terminator banner and gives the unit Preferred Enemy (Everything).

- Archangel's Edge - 5pts

Terminator sarge only. Powersword that gives ID against MCs on a to-hit roll of 6.

- Executioner's Hood - 5pts

Librarian only. Makes the user immune to Shadow in the Warp.

>Flesh Tearers

- Slayer's Wrath - 10pts

MC boltgun with Poison(2+)

- Shield of Cretacia - 5pts

Powerarmor that makes immune to Poison

- Bones of Baelsor - 15pts

Only for the various dreads. Additional armor that makes all pens from bio-plasma, bio-plasmic cannons and venom cannons into glaces.

That's right. Thank you!

My thoughts were:

• Banner of the Archangel Host: Not bad
  • Archangel's Edge: Not too impressive, but cheap.
  • Executioner's Hood: Extremely situational, but pretty good if you've got it.
  • Slayer's Wrath: Totally worth it.
  • Shield of Cretacia: Situational, but cheap and neat!
  • Bones of Baelsor: Probably the only categorically bad one of the bunch. Too situational, too expensive for an upgrade that's wasted points against all but two armies.

Archived