New BA formations in WD 47

SonOfThunder

We play 1750 and 1850 a lot in my area of Texas.

I'd do Sanguinary Guard squad and Assault Terminators. Priest + Jump pack goes with Sanguinary Guard. Mephiston hides in LOS blocking to not get tabled turn 1, 1 squad of tacticals (with a heavy like a lascannon) jump out on the way in turn 1 and score back/deployment objectives. 2 other Tactical squads pop out on turn 2 rapid fire/flamer/assault the other objectives you want to be on. Priest + Sang Guard come down to help out one group, terminators either on their own or somewhere else. Sounds great to me!

Just to confirm, I've seen high res shots. It's 1 vanguard and 2 assault squads for the first formation. 3 and 3 for the second and deinftely accurate as written above . Two teleport homers, charge from reserve, turn one to enter play. Sorted.

Can you shed some light on the Flesh Tearers Blood Rain one?  I'd like to see a confirmation on the formation and its rules please.

Congrats to you all, some very promising formations on top of an excellent codex (IMO). Very happy about these releases since now my brothers army can return to full glory.

Just my preliminary thoughts on the Angels Fury formation but I think the formation will be strongest NOT focusing on assault from DS reserve, although having the option wouldn't be bad. Reason is the models with teleport homers must survive a turn, after skies of fury T1 to enable the assault. That is going to be difficult. 

That said turn 1 ravens is something many of us have brainstormed to death I'm sure and this will probably be a royal pain for many to deal with.

you don't need to skies of fury, you count radius off effect for those that are transported as emanating from the hull of the vehicle. 

so they can stay onboard.

I've already made a list that has 1 libby dread cassor the dammed and a fragioso charging turn one with that formation, with the added bonus of also having corbulo handing out +1 ws and initiative, it's scary as heck

Please clarify this rule with me:

If I take a datasheet (I'm eyeing the Stormraven one, like everyone else), do the rules of my primary detachment (e.g. +1I on the charge from the Baal Strike Force) apply to the detachment?

Thanks

to this end, can i re-roll the reserves with Dante?

With 1750 I can field something like this:

HQ
Librarian  (Galians staff, mb)

Elites
Death Company 8 (x1 power weapon, x1 powerfist, jump packs) 
Terminator Assault Squad 5 (TH/SS) 
Troops
Scout Squad 5 
Scout Squad 5 

Angel's Fury Spearhead Force Formation
 Storm Raven
 Storm Raven
 Storm Raven 
 Tactical Squad 10 (Heavy flamer, flamer, combi-flamer, melta-bomb) 

I'm just wondering if its better to just get a 2nd DC squad instead of Hammernators. Termies with S9 Thunderhammers on the charge with 2+/3++ is pretty great but they are kinda slow. DC are fast and will pretty much munch through anything but they are relatively squishy compared to Hammernators.

you don't need to skies of fury, you count radius off effect for those that are transported as emanating from the hull of the vehicle. 

so they can stay onboard.

Thats a stretch since the raven isn't a model equipped with a teleport homer. Standard language for THs state the bearer must be on the battlefield fyi. I'd be happy to be proven wrong with a rules reference but I'm pretty sure that type of thing is all but eliminated in 7th. 

Either way I see some shenanigans with GKs rites of teleportation in the near future!

Archived