New BA formations in WD 47

SonOfThunder

you don't need to skies of fury, you count radius off effect for those that are transported as emanating from the hull of the vehicle. 

so they can stay onboard.

Thats a stretch since the raven isn't a model equipped with a teleport homer. Standard language for THs state the bearer must be on the battlefield fyi. I'd be happy to be proven wrong with a rules reference but I'm pretty sure that type of thing is all but eliminated in 7th. 

Either way I see some shenanigans with GKs rites of teleportation in the near future!

I see Assault Centurions finally not being laughably bad.

Assault after deep strike only applies to units with the Blood Angels faction and we don't have Centurions.

Only BA Faction units benefit from this formation. Assault centus can come in a BA pod, but they cannot assault from it. I don't think anyone can assault from the pod actually, but that's open to discussion smile.png

Looking at the leaked photo, I would say that they can. Especially as it clearly states that they can. In this instance, we have an advanced rule taking precedence over a basic rule.

However, this would only work if you go second. If you went first, you would not be permitted to charge as no one can charge on the first player turn.

you don't need to skies of fury, you count radius off effect for those that are transported as emanating from the hull of the vehicle. 

so they can stay onboard.

Thats a stretch since the raven isn't a model equipped with a teleport homer. Standard language for THs state the bearer must be on the battlefield fyi. I'd be happy to be proven wrong with a rules reference but I'm pretty sure that type of thing is all but eliminated in 7th. 

Either way I see some shenanigans with GKs rites of teleportation in the near future!

Assault after deep strike only applies to units with the Blood Angels faction and we don't have Centurions.

Good point.  This thing pairs really well with the detachment full of Elites, since you can bury your opponent in disturbingly cheap Vanguard Vet squads who can multiassault all over the place.

However, this would only work if you go second. If you went first, you would not be permitted to charge as no one can charge on the first player turn.

Actually, that one is gone iirc. The remaining restriction is that you can't assault if you infiltrate or scout, but if you deploy normally, you can charge.

Actually, that one is gone iirc. The remaining restriction is that you can't assault if you infiltrate or scout, but if you deploy normally, you can charge.

Not so much 'gone' as 'never existed'. There has never been a restriction on first turn assaults other than in specific circumstances (like using Scout or Infilrtrate).

Not so much 'gone' as 'never existed'. There has never been a restriction on first turn assaults other than in specific circumstances (like using Scout or Infilrtrate).

Hm I somehow remember 6th having this restriction in place, but maybe that's wrong :)

What if... We loaded up the Storm Ravens with dreads too and dislodged them turn one, that way there is more target saturation, and although yes the points are getting big at this stage imagine the look on your opponents face when they have 3 Ravens and 3 dreads staring them down with the imminent threat of teleporting terminators who can assault and three tactical squads ready to bolter and flame next turn. It feels nice and fluffy at least!

Hm I somehow remember 6th having this restriction in place, but maybe that's wrong smile.png

Good to know and besides, I'm entitled to be wrong on occasion :p

(brag)  After a brief inventory I think I have more than enough for a full battle company.  I was going to give away my excess bits but now I think I am going to just go ahead and start working on a Flesh Tearers formation.  (/brag)

When does that issue of WD drop?

I do like Stormraven formation, I just wish it would be 2 to 3, since price (in currency and points ) for 3 Stormravens is very steep... But does relieve heavy slots for something else like Baals or fast Vindi's... And does offer relatively good AA defenses...

I do like Stormraven formation, I just wish it would be 2 to 3, since price (in currency and points ) for 3 Stormravens is very steep... But does relieve heavy slots for something else like Baals or fast Vindi's... And does offer relatively good AA defenses...

But then it would be lineangulation, which doesn't make any sense.

Back up for sec fellas.. where is the rule that says wargear (or any area effect item/power etc) extends from inside a transport? I say it no longer exists.

Check out the rules under Embarking. First paragraph, last sentence. It's on page 80 of the mini rulebook

Back up for sec fellas.. where is the rule that says wargear (or any area effect item/power etc) extends from inside a transport? I say it no longer exists.

Check out the rules under Embarking. First paragraph, last sentence. It's on page 80 of the mini rulebook

Hmmm that does lend support, but I'm not convinced its strong enough to say that wargear gets the old benefits of hull extension like in previous editions. I say this because GW has eliminated the effects of wargear from extending past a transport in every instance I can think of.. KFF, PFG, psych powers and so on. 

Thanks for the references brother. Any other examples out there to support wargear working while embarked? Have I/we been playing this wrong all through 7th?

Hmmm that does lend support, but I'm not convinced its strong enough to say that wargear gets the old benefits of hull extension like in previous editions. I say this because GW has eliminated the effects of wargear from extending past a transport in every instance I can think of.. KFF, PFG, psych powers and so on. 

Thanks for the references brother. Any other examples out there to support wargear working while embarked? Have I/we been playing this wrong all through 7th?

I think that it can be argued that they had to put out an FAQ stating that KFF and PFG do not extend from a transport means that by default, wargear effects CAN extend from a transport. Permissive ruleset and all that. 

>Archangels
- Banner of the Archangel Host - 30pts
Terminators only. Does the same as the regular terminator banner and gives the unit Preferred Enemy (Everything).
- Archangel's Edge - 5pts
Terminator sarge only. Powersword that gives ID against MCs on a to-hit roll of 6.
- Executioner's Hood - 5pts
Librarian only. Makes the user immune to Shadow in the Warp.

>Flesh Tearers
- Slayer's Wrath - 10pts
MC boltgun with Poison(2+)
- Shield of Cretacia - 5pts
Powerarmor that makes immune to Poison
- Bones of Baelsor - 15pts
Only for the various dreads. Additional armor that makes all pens from bio-plasma, bio-plasmic cannons and venom cannons into glaces.

Some guy on 4chan just posted this in a white dwarf thread. 

Other than executioners hood I don't think any of this is really useful. 

Archived