Detachments, formations, rules, and you

Landrick

With our new dex, death storm, the WD, and exterminatus all coming out, I wanted to get some feedback on how you keep track of it all.

I am a fan of WYSIWYG mostly for my own sake, ever since my first game with my Deathwing, where I shot my opponent with Storm bolters then assaulted with TH/SS... Anyway:

How will you keep up with who has +1 init, who only scatters d6, which units re-roll reserves and so on as you mix and match these options

Markers will also be helpful.  Just drop a like-style marker beside each unit within each distinct type of Detachment/Formation.  Depending on how complex your overall army is, you might need several styles/colors to distinguish them.  Of course it'll need to be annotated on your roster, too, but having something on the table with each unit will be immensely helpful.

V

You could magnetize the shoulder pads in all your minis, and keep sets with different trim colors.

j/k

The markers seem like a good option, and they give you a nice modeling opportunity. What would probably help is to try not to overlap. If you get the formation with 3 ravens and 3 tacs, get scouts in your main detachment, that way you know all tacs belong to the formation and all scouts to the detachment.

You could also paint a dot of different colors in the side of the bases of all the minis, one color per detachment/formation, and repaint the dot when you try different things. Can look ugly though.

I'll probably make up some really simple counters that say "+1I" etc and just pop them next to the squads! Also tell my opponent before hand to avoid "so you don't scatter... Can assault this turn AND strike harder and faster than me? LEMME SEE THOSE FOUR PUBLICATIONS THOSE RULES ARE SPREAD ACROSS"

How will you keep up with who has +1 init, who only scatters d6, which units re-roll reserves and so on as you mix and match these options

The ones that charged, or are within 6" or corbulo

The ones deepstriking when Dante is my warlord

The flying things when date is my warlord/everything when Karlaen is my warlord.

:)

The ones that charged, or are within 6" or corbulo

The ones deepstriking when Dante is my warlord

The flying things when date is my warlord/everything when Karlaen is my warlord.

smile.png

Xenith, dont forget we're in a time of multiple detachments and the detachment bonuses only apply to the units in that detachment. Also, when Dante is your warlord, his bonus will only apply to units in HIS CAD not other formations. Same goes for Karlean.

Archived