Thing that will need FAQ

Khorneeq

Hi guys, just reading new codex and found first (at least first for memsn-wink.gif ) which will surely need FAQ:

how are vehicles treated when moved by Wings Of Sanguinius (combat, cruising, as moved in the movement phase?)

Probably more questions will appear, so post them here happy.png

More like:

"Things that will need people to read the rules properly"

smile.png

Wings targets an infantry unit. You can't target vehicles. I think it's written in the first sentence of the power.

I think it was written in GWAR on Dakka dakka's signature. If you think you have something that needs an FAQ, read it again. Then read it a third time. If you are still unsure, then ask for advice smile.png

More like:

"Things that will need people to read the rules properly"

smile.png

Wings targets an infantry unit. I think it's written in the first sentence of the power.

I think it was written in GWAR on Dakka dakka's signature. If you think you have something that needs an FAQ, read it again. Then read it a third time. If you are still unsure, then ask for advice smile.png

Best comment 15.12.2014 :D

Can Death Company Squad select a Rhino as a dedicated transport?

What does it say in the unit entry?  Mine's at home, so I can't answer it myself, but this certainly doesn't warrant a FAQ to answer.

Agreed that the new codex will require a dedicated FAQ thread here, but not for these questions.  Any others that folks have found, though?

Here's one:

Does a dreadnought embarked upon a Raven who crashes suffer a S10 Ap2 hit IN ADDITION to the S10 hit on its rear armour? If so, against what facing is said hit? Comment: it's pretty clear that RAI, the answer is no, but the Raven's rules don't clarify that the S10 hit on rear armour is INSTEAD of the S10 Ap2.

Related question: is the S10 hit on the rear armour supposed to be Ap2 like the rest of the S10 Ap2 hits a unit would normaly take? Comment: RAW, it would seem it's just a S10 hit with no Ap, but then that leaves the question as to why a normal unit would get hit by Ap2 but not the dread.

Terrible, slack GW rules writing at it's finest.

It says: "..the unit may select a Drop Pod, or Razorback as a DT"

Looks like they forgot the word Rhino in there, because that comma makes no sense otherwise.

Another thing: How many Strength does Cassor have? Really.. How the hell do you screw that up? :D

My thought on needed faq is razorbacks as dedicated transports for assault marines. It doesnt need a discount, but would be nice if it was there.

I personaly don't understand why GW doesn't just have them starting on foot and THEN have them have the option of the normal dedicated transports OR buying jump packs at 3 pts a pop, like any other jump troop. It's so annoying and schizo...

Exactly :blush:

It would be better if this topic would be deleted before anybody sees this ;)

According to my codex they can take a rhino.
not sure which ed doesn't include the rhino n there, mine (plain standard english dex) also lists it as an option... o.Ô

Exactly blush.png

It would be better if this topic would be deleted before anybody sees this msn-wink.gif

not sure which ed doesn't include the rhino n there, mine (plain standard english dex) also lists it as an option... o.Ô

According to mine as well (German version). This is very odd. Just go with it if you want a Rhino for them. cool.png

Snorri

Exactly blush.png

It would be better if this topic would be deleted before anybody sees this msn-wink.gif

According to mine as well (German version). This is very odd. Just go with it if you want a Rhino for them. cool.png

Snorri

Damn Krauts, always getting them Rhinos :D

On the eCodex, there is a mistake whereby the Death Company apparently can not take a Rhino. The reason I believe it to be a mistake (other than it appearing elsewhere) is that instead of it saying, "Drop Pod, Rhino or Razorback" it says, "Drop Pod, or Razorback". As you can see, there's a comma in the wrong place on the second sentence.

tl;dr, yes the Death Company can take a Rhino.

Other than that, on first glance the Codex appears to be quite polished with a number of points that came up previously no longer a concern. I would suggest that an official line on firing the Frag Cannon on Overwatch would be a choice for the FAQ as until we get an official answer, there will always be two trains of thought on it.

Other than that, on first glance the Codex appears to be quite polished with a number of points that came up previously no longer a concern. I would suggest that an official line on firing the Frag Cannon on Overwatch would be a choice for the FAQ as until we get an official answer, there will always be two trains of thought on it.

Yah, that still could use a FAQ.

Where is the ambiguity with firing the frag cannon? You get 2d3 hits on overwatch.

It's here. With all due respect Quixus, you (and the rest of us) are nothing more than a random on the internet. You can beat about it being 2D6 until the cows come home but until it's official, people/groups/tournaments will rule it either one way or the other.

Archived