Tycho lives!?!?

Shaezus

Nah. If you look at the bottom of his Death Company entry, you see that he fell in the Third War of Armageddon like before.

If you look at the top of the Chapter listing, you'll notice it says Chapter Strength in year 998 M41. As Armageddon was in the same year, my guess its a listing before the war and the massive casualties that came with it.

Yip but what does it say under the 3rd company on page 13?

Edit in response to your edit: But why? Why go back in time when everything else that has been released is about Leviathan. It's even moved forward in the new dex where it describes that battle as imminent.

Little slip up it seems...

If you look at the top of the Chapter listing, you'll notice it says Chapter Strength in year 998 M41. As Armageddon was in the same year, my guess its a listing before the war and the massive casualties that came with it.

I think it would've been cooler if he vanished into legend. Like some thought he was killed but they never found a body.He turns into some sort of vengeance angel and wanders the jungles and wastes hunting orks while still in the throws of the black rage.

And ruin another perfectly cool and age old death like what they did with Lysander? No thank you.

Edit in response to your edit: But why? Why go back in time when everything else that has been released is about Leviathan. It's even moved forward in the new dex where it describes that battle as imminent.

I'll have to wait and check when I get home, but I believe that the whole "darkest hour" may have been retconned.  I think the entirety of Shield of Baal takes place in 998, so this is a different hive fleet invasion than what was mentioned in darkest hour.

I'll have to wait and check when I get home, but I believe that the whole "darkest hour" may have been retconned. I think the entirety of Shield of Baal takes place in 998, so this is a different hive fleet invasion than what was mentioned in darkest hour.

Blimey Guv'nor, they like to keep us on our toes don't they?

It's just another case of GW not actually advancing any plot lines, just adding more peppered around, like the whole Shield of Baal stuff (which, is very cool at least!).

I remember being so hyped for Eye of Terror as a youngster and it was really cool to think games around the world would shape the future of the game... Except that they only gave Chaos a minor victory... And the 13th Black Crusade is still ongoing or not started according to different fluff.... Oh well! tongue.png

TL:DR; Let's make GW's next event be the 14th Crusade coinciding with a giant WAAAAAAGH! With all the cult daemon Primarchs fusing their essence into the ultimate being of Chaos Undivided that eats Abaddon. Then all the damn loyal primarchs who "will return for the final battle" come back, Sanguinius at the helm bought back to life from all of the Blood Angel Psychic energy expended into the warp from defending Baal....

TL:DR2; A manchild can dream...

Archived