Raptors 9th Company Commander, Master of Relics

ScootyPuffJunior

Since I have some downtime with commissions because of the holidays, I decided to go through my backlog and find nearly complete models and finish them off. Having recently completed some of my other various models, I moved on to some of my space marines that were collecting dust. I purchased this Master of Relics the week it was released to compliment my small army of Raptors and because it was my favorite if the space marine masters released with the Apocalypse rule book. I feel that this model fits the Raptors aesthetics pretty well and will look great with the rest of my Raptors in my display cabinet.

Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t9AQAoseuw4/VJB7ArpAj-I/AAAAAAAAA4E/XxePS0MnDZk/s1600/marine%2B001.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y76fpRX4Efs/VJB6-iEGb7I/AAAAAAAAA38/Hc8fILRiqUE/s1600/marine%2B002.jpg

Thanks for the compliments everybody!

I agree, these four Masters got a lot more hate than I think they deserved. I also have a Master of Marches that I plan on finishing at some point in time.

Excellent paintjob, anyway.  Good to see you stick with the pale Raven Guard skin.

Thanks! I've noticed that not that many people give them pale skin (and I've gone back and forth in the past on my models) but I'm glad someone appreciates it!

Any idea why you didn't use the servo skull he comes with?

It had a few casting defects (surprise, surprise...) so I just chucked it in to the bits box. To be honest, I wasn't that big of a fan of it in the first place so I didn't lose any sleep over it. If I ever get bored enough one day, I'll dig it out and fix it.

Archived