Techmarine Warlord?

skyst

Can we really run a Techmarine as our warlord only HQ slot?  This seems unique among other Space Marine forces.

I have the eBook codex and don't see the typical restriction to 1 Techmarine per other HQ choice seen in Space Marines or Dark Angels.  A 50 point HQ is an interesting notion (less so with the cost reduction of Librarians, but still), especially for players like myself looking to shoehorn mech into this book and aiming to minimize HQ tax.  It even has some synergy if also an easy warlord kill point for your opponent.

Thought I would share!  

edit:  It has come to my attention that your warlord does not necessarily need to be your HQ.  The intent of my post was to use the Techmarine to cheaply fill a mandatory HQ slot.

It is interesting. It can be quite nice with his bolster defence rule and all. A cheap hq choice if you only want dante for example. Comes with an artificer armor too so quite durable. 

That was my thinking.  They seem like a bargain for the points - though obviously not a great combatant, you still get artificer armor, a powerfist and 2 useful special abilities on a marine body for 50 points which fills an HQ slot (a bonus for some).

eehm, you can make any character in your army a warlord now adays... There is nothing stopping you from having a dev sergeant calling the shots...

Hah, I actually never knew this.  I suppose I just assumed that it had to be an HQ slot.  Will amend OP to say that the Techmarine can cheaply fill the (usually) obligatory HQ slot in battleforged armies... which they have yet to be able to do in other Space Marine forces.

Archived