The Veritas Vitae

hairojin

Is there any point to a captain though? I really like them but they just plain suck... Without EW they are poor beatsticks and they provide no buffs.

For non named he's potentially the best HQ we have for hitting and versatility. If you are scared of Instant Death just keep him away from Strength 8+, or 10 on a bike!

What I like about the Strategic table is that most of the effects are static and do not rely on your Warlord remaining alive. Some other table have abilities that require your Warlord be alive to trigger on a particular turn. The Strategic ones are great if you are running a cheap Priest as your Warlord as you don't lose the benefits of the trait if he kicks the bucket.

Please tell me where it says this. I can't find it. All I can find is under Death of the Warlord in the rules says,

"“If your Warlord is removed as a casualty during your game, any abilities or special rules granted by his Warlord Trait are immediately lost.”

What I like about the Strategic table is that most of the effects are static and do not rely on your Warlord remaining alive. Some other table have abilities that require your Warlord be alive to trigger on a particular turn. The Strategic ones are great if you are running a cheap Priest as your Warlord as you don't lose the benefits of the trait if he kicks the bucket.

Please tell me where it says this. I can't find it. All I can find is under Death of the Warlord in the rules says,

"“If your Warlord is removed as a casualty during your game, any abilities or special rules granted by his Warlord Trait are immediately lost.”

I think that the implication is that after you infiltrate your units, or choose to night fight, or whatever, it doesn't matter if your opponent kills your cheap HQ on T1, as you have already gained the benefits.

What you say is quite true, however, and you would lose night vision etc as soon as he dies.

"What you say is quite true, however, and you would lose night vision etc as soon as he dies."

Page Ref?

Page 570 under Death of the Warlord.

I can't find anywhere that says if it's strategic you get to keep it. I wanted to know where this was seen. everything I see says you lose benefits immediatly. I just want to know f I missed something.

Infiltrate is nice for short-ranged shooty units. For assault based armies...not so much. Personally, I hate getting infiltrate on BA.

1) If you have the infiltrate special rule and don't start in reserves, you MUST infiltrate. You have no choice.

2) Once you infiltrate, you cannot assault anything in the first game turn. 

This means your assaulty units will be sitting around with a big bullseye painted on them until round two. If you're going second, your opponent will have two rounds of shooting your infiltrated unit before you can assault. 

Infiltrate is nice for short-ranged shooty units. For assault based armies...not so much. Personally, I hate getting infiltrate on BA.

1) If you have the infiltrate special rule and don't start in reserves, you MUST infiltrate. You have no choice.

This means your assaulty units will be sitting around with a big bullseye painted on them until round two. If you're going second, your opponent will have two rounds of shooting your infiltrated unit before you can assault.

To be fair though unless you have some heavy cover surely we'd have basically 2 turns of being shot at anyway? If anything you could infiltrate a unit that isn't necessarily a huge threat but has survivability (like a small DC) and get your opponent to waste thier shooting on it while the real army arrives!

Alternatively combine infiltrate with Pods and just watch your opponent cry as they have most of an army in thier deployment zone!

Plus if you do take two rolls on the strategic table, the combos work incredibly well. Infiltrate in cover then nor be hampered by it? Or maybe add in Night fight so your infiltrators can't be shot at easily, or even if your luck goes south and you get pining, the right unit failing could make all the difference.

I missed somehow that you had to infiltrate a unit with the rule if you didn't put it in reserves. Still, how are you getting turn 1 charges, anyway..?

I missed somehow that you had to infiltrate a unit with the rule if you didn't put it in reserves. Still, how are you getting turn 1 charges, anyway..?

If someone else infiltrates badly, or moves too close turn 1 with bikes or tanks or something.

As our best HQ are all named

You find? To me they are all pretty bad, truth be told.

Dante is probably the best character of space marine books, and corbolo is quite good as well. Without a chapter master with access to eternal warrior they both better than the generic.

I've found that there is no auto include. You can pick your HQ depending on the army you're bringing to bolster it's effects instead of building an army around the HQ to benefit more from his rules. The Veritas Vitae makes the generic HQ even more better, but as it's benefits are random, you might be better with a named character to get a specific buff which would definitely benefit the army.

Archived