R.I.P lascannon Dread

Dhx711

Working my way through the new Codex (Trying to keep an open mind) till I got to the dreadnought. It's moved from heavy support to Elite - whatever I can get over that - what is hurting me which was a main stay in almost every game I played was the ability to park a dread near a back objective with the TL las cannon and missile launcher as a fire support platform.

It's almost like GW believes that every blood angels dread regardless of flavor belongs in combat....

Do you mind elaborating please?

And unless I missing something I'm only seeing the option for either the missile launcher or a TL auto Canon, no way to get the TL lascannon and ML.

"May take items from the Dreadnought weapon list".....which is literally the first line under options :/

It's almost like GW believes that every blood angels dread regardless of flavor belongs in combat....

Erm. This has been part of the BA fluff for over 15 years.

Non furioso dreads went into the HS section, with furiosos in the elites to reflect that BA tended to field more dreads as they could fight in combat, as oppose to tanks, which can not.

Spend 340pts on scouts and 2HQ and you can still get 8 dreads in an army. 

You can still get 7 dreads in a normal [bA] force org chart (2 libbies, 4 elite, deathstorm dread).

Do you mind elaborating please?

And unless I missing something I'm only seeing the option for either the missile launcher or a TL auto Canon, no way to get the TL lascannon and ML.

I was on my phone and a train was coming when I typed that. Please accept my apologies for not explaining :(

Archived