whats your favorite artefact and why

The Hand of Darkness for its BAMF'ness and also for fluff reasons. Talk about a P!#P slap.

Sx2, AP1, Armorbane, Fleshbane, Instant Death, NOT Unweildy (and so what if its only A1).

The Black Mace. I love turning my Daemon Prince into Sauron.

That makes me want to convert the Sauron model into a Daemon Prince..and especially against squishy t3 models you really are annihilating as many guys as Sauron is in that clip.

My favorite item has to be the axe of blind fury though, nothing like having a lord running around chopping everything he faces up.  

Current dex: Burning brand

All time favorit: Dreadaxe

Yeah good ol dread axe, and it gets even more awesome on a Daemonprince if you know what it does. ;)

No i dont haha i started 40k with the previous chaos codex

heart, should have been in the main book. Second closest is probably the brand, even if I almost never use it.

I actually agree tbh

My all time favourite has to be a Deamon Sword with a bound Greater Daemon. Would take ages to generate but was so much fun.

Still miss the old Bloodthirster with another Bloodthirster bound into his axe.

In truth that would be the Kai Gun. In the current age of our army I am in love with the Burning Brand of Skalathrax. I love this artifact and it makes even a standard chaos lord a dire threat. Since I usually play against marines I love to roast them in their power armor. Sometimes I filed the lord with just the Brand and a ++ save. Cheap, cheerful and in lower point games, deadly. 

It also makes for a great weapon when I field a long term favorite of mine, the jet pack lord. 

The Hand of Darkness for its BAMF'ness and also for fluff reasons. Talk about a P!#P slap.

Sx2, AP1, Armorbane, Fleshbane, Instant Death, NOT Unweildy (and so what if its only A1).

The Hand of Darkness sort of reminds me of that one anime with the guy with the huge powerfist who was really fast.

Edit:  Kazuma from sCRYed.  That was a cool one, lol.

Yes, I do think the biggest things CSM needs in the artefact section is a 2+ save or Eternal Warrior. Our non-Nurgle characters need a bit more durability to do well in challenges. Or at least that's how it is in my meta.

Tbh il be honest i primarily use crimson slaughter for the better artefacts the better possessed are a bonus. Im gonna convert up a palanquin soon to have my nurgle daemon heart lord on

Current - It would be the Axe of Blind Fury.  Strike that I5 for the Chaos Lord, with possible 11 attack on the charge or 10 attacks (counter attack thank to Mark of Khorne) if someone charge you.

I've been useing the Axe of Blind Fury for the past two year now.  There will be a few moment where I've rolled that 1.  But end of the day it more fun having risk like this.

Buring Brand as well.  I'll usely give this wargear to my Warpsmtih, being able to fire both Flamer on overwatch is cool.  I've also got a Dark Apostle arm with the buring brand.

From past codex, it would be Dark Blade, Kai Gun & Dread Axe.  I'd use to run a Lieutenant with Kai Gun who would join a unit of Obliterators.  Or a tooled up Chaos Lord with the Dark Blade who would be S8 on the charge.  While my Daemon Prince, Warsmith Abhorred Riddick would have the Dread Axe.

Archived