anyone tempted by the blood angels new codex

hummus

Today I went to my local GW shop, plastic crack provider and gameclub... There was this awesome Sanguinary Priest on display, great miniature, great pose and an awesome model for a Chaos Lord/Sorcerer/Apostle. The price tag was not even that high and for a model of such fine sculpting more than appropriate...

... I came out from the shop with a Plaguebearers kit... 

What can I say, Chaos, just Chaos...

• 5 weeks later...

I faced the new ba codex yesterday at 500 points. All i can say is its got better but its around the same level as chaos so it actually was a close game. Dante is a beast however

I think you got had.

The only way you can fit Dante and a death co into 500pts is:

Dante

Priest  (no upgrades)

Death co (no upgrades)

5scouts  (no upgrades)

5 scouts  (no upgrades)

490pts

Maybe I should be looking in this direction after all. I'd certainly be set for fire with the Baal, and I'd also finally have an excuse to chaos-up a Furioso (life goal) - I'd just have to drop it from a stormraven.

Just do it, great fun, I highly reccomend it.

I faced the new ba codex yesterday at 500 points. All i can say is its got better but its around the same level as chaos so it actually was a close game. Dante is a beast however

I think you got had.

Dante

Priest (no upgrades)

Death co (no upgrades)

5scouts (no upgrades)

5 scouts (no upgrades)

490pts

I believe he was using the dearh company from deathstorm or whatever its called

One could always create a renegade Knights of Blood warband. They've been excommunicated per the fluff and some could be on the eightfold path.

Not to mention their pre excommunication color scheme is pretty boss.

I'd thought about it in the past, back before Unbound was a thing.  The main reason I wanted them/liked them was they had Assault Marines as troops.

I don't care for vampires personally-they kind of creep me out (Bad Immortality, vs. the Highlander kind being better/ideal)

Raptors are WAY more awesome looking than ANY Blood Angel kit, and I've had more fun playing with my Raptor army (led by a Raptor Lord and a Daemon Prince, backed up by a Heldrake)

Yeah it's small, but it's fun to play.

That said, I think my Khorne Beserker army would make a fight out any match against the Blood Angels.

Personally? Nope, not gonna do it. I will remain Chaos... CSM (specifically BL Chosen), Demons, and now the lovely Renegades & Heretics. Those 3 have quite a few options between them and with IA:13 I'm good.

For a long censored.gif time.

Stubborn? Sure. Spiteful? Maybe. Total censored.gif given? Zero. I love my Chaos for the simple fact of corrupting the models I want from loyalist stock, it's my favorite game so far.

Heck, I have 3 boxes worth of Raptors, mostly for bits... I guess I could start making more than the 20 I have already. 10 from the first box and 10 of the tippy, metal Raptors given to me from a friend.

That being said, if someone were to use BA for their Chaos and want to play me, sure. It's a hobby and what you want to get out of it is up to you. Who am I to judge? With the time and money involved you should want to play the way you'd like.

I think you got had.

Dante

Priest (no upgrades)

Death co (no upgrades)

5scouts (no upgrades)

5 scouts (no upgrades)

490pts

I believe he was using the dearh company from deathstorm or whatever its called

The Deathstorm Death Co cost more than a naked squad and scout squad combined, if I remember correctly. 

Oh well.

The best thing they really have over chaos is the choice in Land Raiders. I'd love a redeemer for my IW.

Truth be told I have done it again. I was really convinced to get the new BA tactical squad for some minor conversions or otherwise a "different" berzerker squad. I walked up to the shelf, I picked up the new box, looked at the pictures and rolled a few ideas what to do with so many awesome pieces and bits. 

I walked out of the store with a Bloodletter kit and the Herald of Khorne. Damn it! 

I told the shop owner to place the chaos stuff away from the loyalist stuff... I always fall in the same lure. Always. Though the herald sculpt is awesome!

Archived