Question about sternguard vets & new tac kit

Rob75

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if you have to choose which heavy weapon to build or if there are enough parts to build both a heavy flamer and a heavy bolter in any of the kits mentioned? (I got spare bodies so it's really weapon/backpack/arms I'm wondering about)

Kind regards

Rob

The Sternguard kit only has to make half as many models. It's not like there's any wasted space on that sprue. What would you remove so that you could build a second heavy weapon that the squad can't even legally take?

I'd have removed the vampire heads and the ugly shoulder pads with wings coming out of their rims, I'd also have consolidated the back packs and made sure that wherever possible their sprue connection points were top and tail like on many of the kits from back in the day, thus cutting down on wasted space and the annoyance of having a connection point on the rounded vents or fragile trinkets attached to the pack.

I would go for the sternguard if you want a lot of cool bits and the tacs if you need bodies. I took the heavy flamer canister and glued it to the flamer and cut of the fuel line at the back of the flamer to make it backpackless. I have a pic in the hall of honour in the topic The Awakened if you want to look. Its a small pic but you'll get the idea.

I just had a look at the tac sprue and it's a different flamer so it wont work, sorry.

Archived