Vanguard Veteran loadouts

Joasht

For those of you who missed this thread, turns out one of the detachments gives all Vanguard Veterans free Power Weapons or Lightning Claws.

With Vanguard Vets suddenly becoming incredible, it's time for the inevitable question: what shall we load them with?

For a 10-man unit, I'm contemplating 2-3 Lightning Claws with Storm Shields, at least 2 Axes, possibly 1-2 Power Fists (not free, but sometimes you really need S8), then the rest with just Swords. I might drop the Storm Shields entirely to keep the unit really cost-efficient, but I think having a handful of Shields isn't a bad call.

What do you guys think, and what do you guys intend to take?

Thanks!

Well, my VV being already assembled, the 10 man squad I have has: 2 pair of LC, 1 LC, 2 TH, 2 PS, 3 SS, 2 Grav Pistols the rest being stock.

...Thats what happens when you assemble for the rule of cool before actually having read the Codex (C:SM)!

Glad to know that they are now CONSIDERABLY Cheaper (though the Hammers wont be free) but the two I have with just chainswords now just got better with the free power weapon.

i just kitted up a FT VV squad with four sets of LC and two evicerator/ss combos. the eviscerators counting as power weapons. waz trying to use up stuff i had laying around.

my BS VV are all gun slingers (flame/plas x5)

i might rework my CC into a VV so i can capitolize on the discount. probably just model three more vets to fill in for champ, priest, and standard bearer.

im also reconsidering my all power fist squad. coolness factor is starting to wear thin compared to usefulness.

Mine are loaded with Storm shields, led by a sergeant with a Thunder Hammer.  Then again, I've never used them as a hammer unit.  They're on the field to get in the way by multiassaulting squads that would otherwise chop through my Death Company and (until last week) my Assault Marines.

LOL, isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

Archived