Is Dante that good?

tomsev

Ahh, good old relic quibbling.

Fools.

If you realise that we are not the first codex to get relics, and theyre are all worded the same, the smart money would go and see the forum for an older 6th ed codex and see what they resolved...which is "take as many as you want, up to one of each". Which is how it works.

I also dont see how any quibbling over relics has anything to do with how good Dante is? Maybe take it to the captain loadout thread, or even better to pm :)

Ahh, good old relic quibbling.

Fools.

If you realise that we are not the first codex to get relics, and theyre are all worded the same, the smart money would go and see the forum for an older 6th ed codex and see what they resolved...which is "take as many as you want, up to one of each". Which is how it works.

I am aware of this, hency my example of vanilla chapter master.

Well I for one am very glad that decision has been reached on the relics because

A) that's how I understood the rules when I read them, and

B) that's awesome!

About Dante, I've always been a Meph man myself and was planning to now run him with DC in a land raider but I'm seriously tempted by Dante+Sang Guard+Priest ...

Eh, they survived without them in the past, they can keep going now.

Well basic DC aren't actually that good without re-rolls or spending tons on different kinds of power weapons. Sure you'll break most standard units, but you don't hit nearly hard enough to break a hammer or anvil unit. Smashing expensive units into each other isn't ideal, but sometimes (due to the time and point-limits of this game) we don't have a choice. 

Dante will somewhat offset this but he could be tied up a challenge, being the single character in such a unit. 

I guess what I'm saying is that you should have an alternative unit in your list, in addition to this one, to really bring the pain where needed. 

Archived