All green dark angels?

crimsonsphinx

Has anyone ever come across an all green dark angels army?  I am considering painting mine where both death and raven wings are in green.  Ill keep with bone robes for my veterans but do the termiantor armour green.

Do you think anyone would have an issue with this?

Friendly games, obviosly depends on your friends (if someone objects, I'd suggest getting new friendS)

Tournaments, you'd have to check with the TO and his bases, but IME, you should have no issues as long as its clear and no confusion could be given.

For example: These bikers are green and are RW, but these identical bikes are RWBK and that over there is a biker techmarine...as you can see its more of a WYSIWYG than painting.

Hope it helps

I painted all my dark angels and their vehicles green with whithe ish robes, ravenwing have dark green bikes and black armour. Never had issue with someone trying to challenge my colour scheme. I have painted one Land Raider in bone colours and three others dark green. Now, right now this bonewhite LRC is on sale on feebay.

If you want to see more I invite you to browse through my army blog
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/Larhendiel/DSC03736_zps077d1c7f.jpg

Pretty sure as long as the model represents what it is, you can paint them however you want.  If anyone says "they can't be DW or RW because they aren't the colors" that person is a certifiable jerk.

Friendly games, obviosly depends on your friends (if someone objects, I'd suggest getting new friendS)

Tournaments, you'd have to check with the TO and his bases, but IME, you should have no issues as long as its clear and no confusion could be given.

For example: These bikers are green and are RW, but these identical bikes are RWBK and that over there is a biker techmarine...as you can see its more of a WYSIWYG than painting.

Hope it helps

My black knights are black knights models, so totally different to my normal ravenwing bikers.  They will however be painted green.  Ill be using dark angel models, just not painted bone or black.  I could use them as a successor I suppose, but I have all the special characters and I have quite a few models with winged swords already on them!

I'll agree with the above. Some might think you are playing Salamanders but it is the chapter badge that will tell them what chapter they really are. My LGS has a DA army with purple trim and accents. While odd to me, it is totally acceptable. "It's your models, paint them however you like."

I actually need to strip some models.  Ten of my thirty five terminators are already painted deathwing bone colour.  I just decided that I wanted a uniform look.  If I hadn't already sprayed the entire army green I might even have changed from green as I like the idea of doing my own chapter.

Archived