Nominal Strength of the Sanguinary Guard

Quixus

We know from the codex that right now the Sanguinary Guard has 29 members. Is there any clue how many the guard is supposed to have? In the previous codex only 25 of those could legally be fielded, in the current codex this isn't even three full squads.

Do we know anything about the numbers of Sanguinary Guard in the Successor Chapters?

I'm pretty sure it just depends on if their is enough of the SG wargear and qualified marines available.  A position like that is probably appointed by the Chapter Master.  

Also, as a rule of thumb, I take the numbers from the founding chapter and deduct 10% for each department of the chapter except one.  The exception gets +10% added to it.  This reflects how each successor tends to specialize in some way but doesn't necessarily have the same resources as their founders.

In this case:  I'd subtract 3 SG (rounded up from 2.9) from my own chapter, thus leaving me with 26.

technically its 29 + their leader... so 30

D'oh. Somehow I overlooked Brother Sepharan.

personally, id run their leader as a captain with a glaive and the relic jump pack

Since the leader's title is brother, I guess he is no different from the rest of the guard. It would also bring the guard to exactly 3 full squads.

Archived