Herald of Sanguinius

The Red Thirst

New Heresy audio drama has landed:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/herald-of-sanguinius-mp3.html

Synopsis:
Crowned as the new Emperor of Imperium Secundus, Sanguinius of the Blood Angels faces the very real threat of betrayal from within his new realm. As ever, it falls to his Sanguinary Guard to protect the primarch, and Commander Azkaellon must resort to the most dire of measures...

Not only is this story a fascinating glimpse into the mind of the Blood Angels Primarch, it also shines light on the origins of another well known character in the history of the IX Legion...

EDIT: Ok just finished listening to it... Firstly a Warning - This may not be a story that everyone will like or enjoy, I loved it however I dont think the price was justified.

The story is nothing like anything Andy Smillie has writen before, we get insite into just how many sectrets Azkaellon must keep from everyone, and that being crowned 'Emperor' is something that Sanguinius really isnt happy about, huge spoiler right at the end too that I didnt expect

The identity of the Sanguinor is revealed as a Sanguinary Guard by the name of Aaratron. With Sanguinius' contempt with being named the new Emperor growing he refuses audience with everyone including The Lion who is outraged by his brothers lack of commitment. Aaratron is then used in his stead to deal in all matters of state and becomes the "Sanguinor, Herald of Sanguinius"

The identity of the Sanguinor is revealed as a Sanguinary Guard by the name of Aaratron. With Sanguinius' contempt with being named the new Emperor growing he refuses audience with everyone including The Lion who is outraged by his brothers lack of commitment. Aaratron is then used in his stead to deal in all matters of state and becomes the "Sanguinor, Herald of Sanguinius"

That doesn't quite explain the Sanguinor in 40k, but it's still cool.

I read Unremembered Empire but have forgotten the specifics; why

...did Sanguinius accept the position in the first place if he was then go into shut everyone out? Also, it doesn't seem like Sanguinius to shut everyone out but then I didn't actually read Herald

I listened to the clip from it on the BL website. This is exactly what I had expected the twist to be. They kinda spoiled it.

The name is just...well meh.

It's like the author used Aaron Dembski-Bowden and Megatron (probably two of his favorite bad guys ;)) to make the name Aaratron.

Kinda silly if you ask me. I'll never get the idea out of my head now of a SG that looks like ADB and shouts "Decepticons, mobilize!"

Archived