So who joins your DC in 7th Edition?

appiah4

I still have a hard time justifying Lemartes when Astorath brings so much more to the table, and doesn't cost me a slot that could be filled with another Furioso.

True but he costs a slot that could be used by a Librarian or Priest. Horses for courses I suppose.

I still have a hard time justifying Lemartes when Astorath brings so much more to the table, and doesn't cost me a slot that could be filled with another Furioso.

True but he costs a slot that could be used by a Librarian or Priest. Horses for courses I suppose.

With Dante not taking an HQ slot, I'm not seeing anywhere near as much competition for slots.  All of my games of 7th have taught me that bringing a single psyker is almost never effective since you don't get enough dice to reliably get powers off, which means my only HQ options are Sanguinary Priests and Astorath.

My first list with the new codex has Dante, Astorath and a Priest with The Angel's Wing. Bit overkill perhaps but there's very little in the game that I'd be scared to take on with that unit.

I'm sure a 4 Plasma Cannon Devastator Squad would be pretty scary for that unit.

16 years of gaming, and I've never actually seen one used in a game.

My first list with the new codex has Dante, Astorath and a Priest with The Angel's Wing. Bit overkill perhaps but there's very little in the game that I'd be scared to take on with that unit.

I'm sure a 4 Plasma Cannon Devastator Squad would be pretty scary for that unit.

16 years of gaming, and I've never actually seen one used in a game.

I own one, but never seem to have the points for it...

I stick a barebones chappy with Angels wing in my DC squad to get them where they're needed and to prevent interceptor fire from Tau. It'll be fun telling them about how they can't snap fire a blast template at my guys haha.

The plan is to drop the squad in close enough to cover that they can just run into it during the shooting phase as it'll help disperse them better and give cover.

Archived