BA Scout's paint theme - need help

Remtek

Since i do not own scouts, i have never painted them before. I found some old boxes of Catachan jungle fighters that might fit nicely as scouts. I have plenty of bolt pistols to convert, but i can't figure out a colour theme. (they are going to be CCW scouts)

Red pants or red upper cloth perhaps? Been looking at the standard scout themes, but not overly exited about the ones. I don't like the white pants GW has, seems unlikely scouts would be wearing partial white and contrast colours, as they are hiding)

Would be awesome to get some suggestions for:

Boot colour

Leg colour

Torso cloth colour

Models look like this:

BAscouts.PNG

You'll find that despite being big for Guardsmen, the plastic jungle fighters are still fairly puny next to Astartes, so they'll look a bit odd as Scouts.  As another alternative, build a bunch of helmetless Space Marines without their pauldrons and backpacks.  Paint them in a more muted red with something like black tigerstripe camo and you should be good to go.

Use the Catachans as Baal PDF and follow Daddy war crimes advice if you don't own scouts. If you had the new scions, you could get by as they are wearing carapace armor. Unfortunately, the Catachans are wearing flakk (t-shirts).

On the other hand, how's your green stuff fu? You could sculpt extra muscle mass on the dudes and incorporate baalite desert scorpion carapaces. Think radscorpions from Fallout. Would be nifty and fluffy.

Archived