Regular coder reading sharpens tactical knowledge

Larhendiel

I just realised that I don't have to use Sammael or Belial as warlords with their pre-set warlord traits to get Ravenwing or Deathwing as troops!

I just need to include them in army :)

So if I played 3k points, I could have Belial and Sammael and both Ravenwing and Deathwing would be troopers, or just have a Belial and some random Librarian as warlord and still termies would be troopers!

Anybody else finds similar "hidden" perks?

You could have Belial and Sammael in your army, but they would have to be in the same detachment as they only receive their FOC changing rules, if they are in the primary detachment (i.e. the one containing your warlord). While you could technically then make any non HQ character your warlord, this would be really weird. In any case the Deathwing Terminators and Ravenwing Attack Squadrons would have to share the 6 troop slots.

For some reason i always thought i HAD to make Belial as my warlord and use his crappy warlord trait... My bike librarian is goign to be much more useful now biggrin.png

Exactly that is it!

Also with Sammael I want to shoot plasma caanon not run, so I could benefit of his pre-selected trait. With warlord I want to seize initiative on 5+, be able to re-roll reserves or have FNP when close to objectives!

Traits from 7th ed rulebook are so much nicer

Archived