Sanguinor Viable?

bigted

Hello brothers

I was wondering if you guys could suggest any way that the Sanguinor might be viable in a game, or is he still too expensive to justify a t4 3w model? I want to do a Sanguinor kitbash, but if he still sucks on the tabletop I'll probably make Dante instead. As a bonus question, can anyone suggest where I can get some big wings? I'd prefer not to have to buy another kit, as I've blown way too much money on 40k this month biggrin.png.

Thanks in advance!

I personally don't see him as a good choice in our codex, if he had kept the 3++ for his points he would of been fine but he is just to easy to kill for 200 points of hq, i think you can lay him but he's not that good for what you get.

as for wings i have seen these used before - http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=2797#i/2014/big/angel_wings_cp_01.jpg

and also if you want a quick Sanguinor i was just looking around and saw - http://hitechminiatures.com/2_21/product/info/69

I personally don't see him as a good choice in our codex, if he had kept the 3++ for his points he would of been fine but he is just to easy to kill for 200 points of hq, i think you can lay him but he's not that good for what you get.

as for wings i have seen these used before - http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=2797#i/2014/big/angel_wings_cp_01.jpg

and also if you want a quick Sanguinor i was just looking around and saw - http://hitechminiatures.com/2_21/product/info/69

Thanks for the links, those wings look pretty good. Hope they ship to New Zealand tongue.png. I think I'll make my own rather than get that model, it looks really cool but I love converting. I think I'll probably use him mainly in friendly games, i have a friend who plays 'crons who's never beaten me so it would be nice to give him a chance.

what kills me for him is the fact that its MODELS in his 6 inch bubble not units any more, if it was units then .... maybe ? would be awesome in a drop podding army but ehhh ill pass

I didn't notice this, that's a bummer sad.png.

Another question, can I join other ICs to the Sanguinor to form some sort of mega character death star. It would be so cool to have Dante, a captain or two, a priest and a couple of libbys hanging around with him biggrin.png. Probably have to save that for a massive apoc game.

you can buy the pegasus wings seperate mate, go to gw, click fantasy and in the column on the left 3/4 of the way down under bits they are in there. 

Wow, didn't know GW still did bitz, I thought they got rid of it a while ago. The wings are pretty cool, but at $23 for just the wings and then $20 for shipping... I could buy a scout squad for that! The site you linked had more reasonable prices, it seems like that's my best bet.

you can buy the pegasus wings seperate mate, go to gw, click fantasy and in the column on the left 3/4 of the way down under bits they are in there. 

Wow, didn't know GW still did bitz, I thought they got rid of it a while ago. The wings are pretty cool, but at $23 for just the wings and then $20 for shipping... I could buy a scout squad for that! The site you linked had more reasonable prices, it seems like that's my best bet.

oh right :( they are about the price of 2 pints of larger in the uk as a comparison ( its stupid how much people have to pay in other countries) 

oh right sad.png they are about the price of 2 pints of larger in the uk as a comparison ( its stupid how much people have to pay in other countries)

Yeah, it sucks, over here a termi box costs the equivalent to 45 GBP (90 NZD). Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a thread complaining about GW prices. Thanks for all the help guys, I have all the info I need. However, if anyone has any amazing ideas that make the Sanguinor actually worth it, feel free to post smile.png.

Hmm... well, probably not the wisest idea in the world, but what about running him with Dante? Between the two of them they have 7 2+/4++ wounds. The Sanguinor's bonus is solid, it's really just the fact that a T4 2+/4++ model with only 3 wounds isn't likely to survive long in Plasmahammer 40k.

Hm... that would be really fun in an apoc game, hopefully they would be ignored as the enemy would assume that 2 models are no threat and go for my Land Raiders, DC and other heavy hitters... his mistake lol. Is it legal to join Dante to the Sanguinor? If I can join multiple characters to him I can have a killy death star of awesomeness! Only problem is since the Sanguinor isn't a character I can't look out sir him.

Hmm... well, probably not the wisest idea in the world, but what about running him with Dante? Between the two of them they have 7 2+/4++ wounds. The Sanguinor's bonus is solid, it's really just the fact that a T4 2+/4++ model with only 3 wounds isn't likely to survive long in Plasmahammer 40k.

Hm... that would be really fun in an apoc game, hopefully they would be ignored as the enemy would assume that 2 models are no threat and go for my Land Raiders, DC and other heavy hitters... his mistake lol. Is it legal to join Dante to the Sanguinor? If I can join multiple characters to him I can have a killy death star of awesomeness! Only problem is since the Sanguinor isn't a character I can't look out sir him.

I don't think I'd want to play that in Apoc. Too many SD weapons that will ruin your day.

I don't think I'd want to play that in Apoc. Too many SD weapons that will ruin your day.

I play very casual games, mainly with close friends, so I'm not too worried about what is competitive or not. Also, none of my regular opponents have any superheavy or LOW models.

You can LoS him on a 4+ he's a character I believe just not an independent character. Join a libby and priest to them as well tongue.png modern codex of the meph/corb star

I think independent characters can still not join single model units, as it was in 6th.

The LO S! doesnt help because of this.

Deepstrike him down, use him to bully backfield units.

Archived