Something they haven't seen before...

Shaezus

Been looking at that awesome painting (don't know the artist's name sorry) of BA fighting swarms of nid flying creatures and ground units, and something struck me. The fluff in the dex says Leviathan learns quickly from its prey. Correct me if I am wrong but the defensive capabilites of the nids are very weak, because they have never fought against a foe who seriously wants to fight them up close and attack them.

Which is why the Blood Angels and all the Sons of Sanguinius combined will cripple the tendrils of the hive fleet with such force, it won't have time to repair and adapt. Sanguinius would weep tears of joy if he could see how his sons go on to smash into the fleet, and use mobile units to harrass it with hit and run strikes.

Seriously, in the words of dat film, we will give them something they have never seen before.

And I reckon we could see that on the gaming boards too. Just watch this forum over the coming months :)

That painting really would make an awesome wall poster. Anybody know the artist's name?

Keep seeing new things in it, like how the Sanguinary Guard standar bearer is urging some death company marines into the fight. This is in the fluff too, saying how members of SG have been known ro do this.

If you look at the standard bearer I'm sure you'll agree that he is a majestic image of his primarch; could it be that, while they no longer recognise fellow squad mates with whom they have fought and lived alongside for centuries, they look to this man and follow his orders with fury because to them he really does appear as Sanguinius himself?

Let's face it this would be the perfect death for them, which is actually some comfort in confronting the Black Rage

Been looking at that awesome painting (don't know the artist's name sorry) of BA fighting swarms of nid flying creatures and ground units, and something struck me. The fluff in the dex says Leviathan learns quickly from its prey. Correct me if I am wrong but the defensive capabilites of the nids are very weak, because they have never fought against a foe who seriously wants to fight them up close and attack them.

Which is why the Blood Angels and all the Sons of Sanguinius combined will cripple the tendrils of the hive fleet with such force, it won't have time to repair and adapt. Sanguinius would weep tears of joy if he could see how his sons go on to smash into the fleet, and use mobile units to harrass it with hit and run strikes.

Seriously, in the words of dat film, we will give them something they have never seen before.

And I reckon we could see that on the gaming boards too. Just watch this forum over the coming months :)

Saying their defenses are weak is very...... Iffy.

True, they have no concept of defending strategic locations. We have never seen them lay claim to a planet or stay in one place any longer than they have to be. So, if you can blunt their attack, then you pretty much wipe them out.

But when it comes to attacking the tyranids, they typically have the numbers that a brute force attack has little chance of overwhelming them and the rebuilding speed to make hit and run attacks rather moot.

Saying their defenses are weak is very...... Iffy.

True, they have no concept of defending strategic locations. We have never seen them lay claim to a planet or stay in one place any longer than they have to be. So, if you can blunt their attack, then you pretty much wipe them out.

But when it comes to attacking the tyranids, they typically have the numbers that a brute force attack has little chance of overwhelming them and the rebuilding speed to make hit and run attacks rather moot.

Hit and run units as part of a strategic offensive, creating diversions, hitting reinforcements in the flank etc. was what I was attempting to describe. I can see scope for other Imperial factions being involved, maybe the Sons of Sanguinius won't drive Leviathan back but they may certainly make it take a detour until then

@ The Red Worm thanks, I recognise the name now. Will see if I can get an enlarged print.

Archived