Squad for Mephiston

Bloodrazor

I don't like any option that involves Meph being in a vehicle at the end of turn 1. He can't use any psychic abilities while in a vehicle (save witch fire powers from a rhino), which I consider to be a huge waste of his potential. If he's stuck in reserve, it's even worse because not only can he not use his powers, but you also lose his three denial dice and his psychic hood. 

I'm delivering him one of two ways:

1) In a ground transport....vehicle moves forward 6" in round one and he hops out and is attached to a unit (either from vehicle or elsewhere)

2) Drop-pod arriving round 1 (note that if you go 2nd, you still can't use his denial dice round 1)

Those are the only options I consider worthwhile as they both put him in a position to use his powers round one. 

This post in the BA Scout Thread has given me an idea for Mephiston:

You know how someone like Khârn is delivered by a blob a of cheap, expendable troops? Now what if this blob was actually STR5, I5 on the charge? What we can do is using the triple Stormraven formation we can ensure a first turn charge with this squad, taken from a BSF.

BSF

Mephiston

Scout Squad x2

Cheap Elite's choice

Drop Pod (FA) x3

Stormraven Formation

One trick pony, but it could work...

Archived